Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection Fell Off Today

tag
vxangelxv
Valued Member

Medical Collection Fell Off Today

"Medical Collection Fell Off Today" Hi Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone knows if my score will go up since I had this one baddie on my CR that Fell off today. It was my Ex-husband's, and I never paid it. It was the only baddie I had, and now I have a clean CR. Do you know if my score will go up (Experian) and if so, how long will it take? It was 619, and I need it to be 620 for a lower APR or I'll have to buy it down for 500 bucks, lol....for one point....thanksMei

Message Edited by vxangelxv on 09-04-2008 09:02 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medican Collection Fell Off Today

We need more info about your overall credit picture.

Any lates? How old? How severe?
What is your individual and overall CC util?
Any new accounts?
How long is your credit history? What is the average-age of your accounts?

Message Edited by fused on 09-04-2008 06:03 PM
Message 2 of 7
vxangelxv
Valued Member

Hi, I have a car loan (joint) that's new from May of this year, have one credit card from Sept. last year and one department store card from April this year, they're all pretty new. And I also have been an authorized user on my husband's cards for two years. I have no lates, no collections, nothing bad on there at all. My dept. store card is paid off and half of the 8 cards where I'm an authorized user are paid off. Hope this is enough info.
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Duh, me! How old was the med collection?
Message 4 of 7
vxangelxv
Valued Member

Re: Medical Collection Fell Off Today

It was over 7 years old. I tried disputing it a few times, but EXP always said they verified it was mine. I even sent them proof it wasn't mine but they still said they verified it was mine.
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Two things were hurting you: a short credit history and this collection. If your score is 619 and you have very low CC util, now that this collection is gone, I would have to think you will see a sizable increase in points. How many exactly is hard to know.
Message 6 of 7
vxangelxv
Valued Member

Great, thanks! That is my mid score, and our lender wanted it to go up at least one point. Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.