Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed CC Payment 4 Years Ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed CC Payment 4 Years Ago

I'm planning on being added as an AU to a family member's CC account to help with my AAOA, but they missed a single payment 4 years ago. The person they talked to at the bank said that the missed payment may hurt my score more than the increased AAOA. I didn't think a missed payment from 4 years ago on an AU account would hurt my score, but would it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Missed CC Payment 4 Years Ago

How old is the account that you will be added as an AU?

How many accounts do you have now and what is your current AAofA?

I'm just trying to figure out how much of a boost you will see in AAofA versus the one late payment.

If it was only one 30 day late and it's four years old, that will not have a very negative impact.

It's possible that the added age and the one late payment may be a wash and you won't see any bounce in the score, but you can always have the AU terminated if you don't like the result.

Not all lenders report AU's and not all CRA's pick them all up.

I am an AU on three BofA accounts (two from my parents, one from a friend, all accounts 20 years old) and only TU picks them up.  The CRA's have ti find a match and it can sometimes be hit or miss.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.