Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Financial

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

NCO Financial

Gulp. I thought everything was paid and then I get this letter in the mail today about some account that must date back a zillion years. I recall the CO and the amount. But I can't find my receipt. What can I do to get them to verify the debt , age, etc? It's not on any of my CR - so how do I get these people to leave me alone? Pay it? I will if necessary, but I feel like they're collecting on a receivable that has already been paid. I know this , I just don't have proof.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Message 2 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO Financial

Thanks. I'm wonderring if I should just go online and pay this. It's $75. But I wonder why it's not even on my reports. It just showed up yesterday out of the blue! The second line on the letter makes me curious: A credit reporting agency also shows than an inquiry has been made on your credit report. What? What does that mean especially if it's not on my report. I'd rather pay it than it to start showing up on my report as I have NO current collections and don't want any!
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

If you do decide to pay, get a PFD (even if it's not reporting yet).

Message Edited by Tuscani on 07-07-2007 10:49 AM
Message 4 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Cool. So do I need to ask them over the phone to do the PFD? (never done this) Wish I knew about this before I paid everybody off over the last few years. But now I know. (Thanks)
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You can make a verbal agreement over the phone, then send the letter. Once you have a reply from them on company letterhead agreeing to the PFD you can pay.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP
Gulp. I thought everything was paid and then I get this letter in the mail today about some account that must date back a zillion years.

I am assuming that a zillion years (figure of speach I know), I would think that means it is way over seven years ago. Could they report something of that age to the CRA's?
Message 7 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Yep -Smiley Happy I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe they can't and that's why it's not on the CR. I just want to pay it and have them go away.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.