Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in reverse engineering FICO algorithms

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help in reverse engineering FICO algorithms

@Bears-PurdueFan wrote:

Only reason I use r^2 is because I was getting better results... Do you have a better approach to this?  I checked with a old college buddy who is at Wolfram and he said I was going about it all wrong, like you are suggesting.  Now I am thinking of using another approach, but my Stats knowledge is limited.  Any suggestions?

Wolfram makes some very good software for both analytic work and symbolic math. MathWorks also has some very good s/w focused more on engineering analytic work than Wolfram. I have both of these. You might want to check out SAS which focuses on statistics. I don't have that but it has a good rep.

For general background on Credit Scoring check out "The Credit Scoring Toolkit" by Raymond Anderson. There are lots of references for further investigation there. I'm sure some universities have programs that cover this. I'd focus on the ones Wall Street quants come from. There are lots of similarities.

If you had a 100,000 credit reports and FICO scores you likely could get a farily accurate estimate of what the scorecard groupings are but any regression analysis will, on the basis of fundamental statistical principles, produce algorithms further off than FICO scores themselves. Again. you will not be able to get this data. It's highly protected intellectual property and those that get such large datasets, like the CFPB, have to sign agreements not to redistribute or reverse engineer the data. You probably can get the agreements the CFPB entered into through the FOI act though you will not be able to get the raw data.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I hate math!!!!!    Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 14
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Interesting quest

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 13 of 14
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Once you conquer this, can you break down QBR for me?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.