cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SW alert after multiple paydowns...

tag
Mythic850
Contributor

Re: No SW alert after multiple paydowns...

@RobertEG wrote:
If you are a daily puller, then SoreWatch is totally unecessary..

Except for it provides the low-cost insight into the Holy Grail we all seek: a real FICO score.

Daily pullers don't need it for seeing the changes. We want SW to alert us (in near real-time, as we are an impatient bunch) to the FICO score change. We want to see the true impact of the hard work getting something removed or altered. See the report change is only half of what we are working towards. The other half is seeing the FICO score (hopefully) rise.
Message 21 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:

Hauling at this stage the applications are a function of boredom and addiction for me. With over 100K available what earthly use was a 5K Citi DP to me? Smiley Happy To top it off I apped to AMEX and Patelco both declined adding two more 25 month EX inquiries to my report. Smiley Sad

The only thing keeping me from saying what the heck and apping some more is that sad, sad 3 years, 3 months average age. It used to be 4 years, 10 months. Knowing that if I did nothing else, it would take me more than a year and a half to get back where I was cools that app fire.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 24
rom828
Established Contributor

I've had scorewatch since 2005 and until past several months felt alerts were timely.

Recently, I've not been so happy with them!

Have yet to receive an alert about a 30+  point drop in EQ score due to a collection being added on May 16th!!

I have any atty working with me on that acct and he  DV'd the CA (they signed on 5-14.  I pulled report on 5-21 just to see if new Amex  was showing up yet,  and the collection account was reported !!!(immediately advised atty of course!)  and my score was down and still no alert!

In the past, if I got a SW alert, that's when I'd go ahead and pull the other CRAs as well if I felt it was warranted. 

I understand that alerts aren't issued daily, or maybe even weekly, but I have my settings to alert me when any change occurs in my score, and it's been  2 weeks since I pulled myfico EQ and I havent received an alert. 

Seems to me SW isnt serving a useful purpose for me if I'm not going to get alerts!!
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 23 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Hauling at this stage the applications are a function of boredom and addiction for me. With over 100K available what earthly use was a 5K Citi DP to me? Smiley Happy To top it off I apped to AMEX and Patelco both declined adding two more 25 month EX inquiries to my report. Smiley Sad

The only thing keeping me from saying what the heck and apping some more is that sad, sad 3 years, 3 months average age. It used to be 4 years, 10 months. Knowing that if I did nothing else, it would take me more than a year and a half to get back where I was cools that app fire.

Well your average age still has me beat by a month. 11 months ago after getting two cards one from Barclays and one from Penfed my average age was 5 years. EQ score was 697 last June with 57% utilization. Now its 706 with less than 2% utilization. Can you say too many new accounts? Next month I drop down to 4 new accounts added in the past year. One scoreable inquiry. Think I get my EQ over 710? No one will ever know. I ain't pulling it. Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.