Contributor
antredd67

Phone Bills going into Collections/Beware!!!!!!!

I just posted under the Collections topic how a paid phone bill with PacBell was still sent to collections.  If you are about to cancel your phone service make sure you get something in writing stating that you don't have a blance due.  It appears to me that phone companies are automatically sending paid bills after you have cancelled your serivce with them automatically into collections which eventually ends up on your credit report.

Also, be very careful going to Mall kiosks to update/upgrade your cell phone.  My wife has a collection on her account because she went to one of the guys working at the kiosk for At&T, and he flat out lied to her and told her that she needed to get new phone numbers in order to upgrade our cell phones which without knowing/realizing she was basically getting a new cellular service.

What is so messed up about this whole situation, when my wife called At&T about what happened.  They told her that in order to stop have two accounts, she needed to pay an early termination fee.  Common sense would tell you that if she already has an At&t cell service why would she need it twice.  Anyway, my wife told them to kiss off, and as a result they put the early termination fees that she was told to pay for cancelling the service into collections.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+