Moderator Emeritus
masdeocho

Re: Question about Score Reverse Engineering

Hey Robert, probably not the best idea to post your email address.  Just ask people to PM you if they are interested.

Good on ya for trying to reverse engineer FICO, but I think it's not a linear formula that can be plotted on an Excel spreadsheet. As dog explains, the algorithm is based on an inter-relationship of factors.
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Question about Score Reverse Engineering

Yeah, Mas,I agree. 
But I have no problem with posting my email.  My efforts are not intended to reverse engineer all of the intracacies of the mysterious FICO algorithm, only to show the relative effects of each, and their interaction.  For short-term projections, I feel that my efforts are much more useful than the limited fico sim currently available, which restricts projections to only the effect of a limted number or factors, and does not take into account the result of one category on another..  Check my work out and give me feedback.  Its just a start, but more than is currently available.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+