Frequent Contributor
ScoreBooster

Question about Score Simulators

Hi!

I was curious if some of the FICO-gurus on this forum have an answer to my question:

I filed for BK CH7 in 09/2010 but all my derogatory TLs on my credit-reports will reach their 7 1/2 year DOFD-mark within the next 12 months. My current EQ-score is 626 and once I click on the "Best Action"-button, I'm told that when I'm going to pay off between 90-100% of my revolving debt over the next 24 months, my score would be between 736-766. Not that I would complain about such a score, but I always wanted to know the following:

Is the simulator actually able to take the dropping of my derogatory accounts over the next 12 months into consideration? If not, could my potential "score-gain" be even bigger?

I do know that the aging of positive accounts and probably the aging of derogatory accounts is considered - but does that apply to the complete removal of derogatory accounts due to their DOFD, too? Any ideas?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
ScoreBooster

Re: Question about Score Simulators

Hmm, obviously a good questions because nobody seems to have a clue..:smileyvery-happy:

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I have only a little experience with the simulator via myFICO but I'm not much of a fan. I do know if you choose the 24-month option it assumes that all of your accounts are 24 months older and that the debt is paid down, and that accounts for a higher score guesstimate over choosing a 1-month paydown, for example. But I think it assumes that all of your TLs will continue to report (even the baddies) 24 months out.

Frequent Contributor
cqdealer711

Don't put too much stock in the simulators.  If they were true I would have a score around 800 by now, but i dont.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
ScoreBooster

Thanks, Folks!

I'll wait and see how this checks out.:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+