Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score differences.

tag
warrantsuspect
Established Member

Score differences.

myfico.com is showing my Equifax score as 672. But Equifax.com is showing it much lower at 605. Which is the right score? Which one do lenders look at?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score differences.

My lender pulled all 3 scores today and my TU and Experian are nearly identical but my Equifax is 65 points lower!  I have no clue why but he wasn't even concerned as the use the middle score anyway.  It is frustrating for sure.

Message 2 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@warrantsuspect wrote:

myfico.com is showing my Equifax score as 672. But Equifax.com is showing it much lower at 605. Which is the right score? Which one do lenders look at?

Welcome to the forums!

Your lender will "most likely" look at your EQ FICO score (the one you buy here) and not the one from equifax.com. For more info on this topic, please read the Son Of Credit Scoring 101 link in my sig line.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

TO add, OP, Equifax also sells a FAKO called an "Equifax Credit Score". If it says that, then that'll be the score difference.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My lender pulled all 3 scores today and my TU and Experian are nearly identical but my Equifax is 65 points lower!  I have no clue why but he wasn't even concerned as the use the middle score anyway.  It is frustrating for sure.

Your lender pulled one set of scores. Where did you purchase the other set for comparison?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your lender pulled one set of scores. Where did you purchase the other set for comparison?

Hmmmmm.  I came at it from another direction. -- I thought veggs2000 meant that of the 3 lender pulled scores, the TU and EXperian were nearly identical to each other.  But the EQuifax pulled by the lender was 65 points lower than the TU & EXperian pulled by the lender.  Veggs2000 - that is what you meant, true?  (Or did I make it more confusing rather than less ??)  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmmmm.  I came at it from another direction. -- I thought veggs2000 meant that of the 3 lender pulled scores, the TU and EXperian were nearly identical to each other.  But the EQuifax pulled by the lender was 65 points lower than the TU & EXperian pulled by the lender.  Veggs2000 - that is what you meant, true?  (Or did I make it more confusing rather than less ??)  Smiley Indifferent

Yes, that is what happened.

And the Equifax was the same as I pulled here on myfico as was TU (well, 3 points lower actually) and I had no idea what Experian was.

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah....got it veggs...the difference could be explained by the difference in the formula, one or more items reporting/not reporting on EQ vs. the other reports, payment history, reporting history, balances updating or not updating on EQ vs. the other two, etc. Could be any number of reasons.

In OP's case, if I read right, OP purchased a score from Equifax.com and again from here for his/her EQ FICO from myFICO and they didn't jive. There are two scores offered at Equifax.com and OP could have pulled the FAKO version.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.