Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on improving credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips on improving credit score

Hello everyone. I pulled all 3 reports from myfico today and I need MAJOR improvement:
TU: 655
EX: 646
EQ: 658

How do I approach improving my score for the following:

CapOne
I have a 30 day late reported in TU, but not in EQ

BofA
each CRA shows a diff't delinquency:
EQ: shows 1 time late
TU: shows 4x 30days late, and 1x 60days late
EX: shows 6x 30days late, 2x 60days late, and 3x 90days late

I guess my concern is that if I dispute the CapOne for instance, I don't want my account updated in EQ since there is no derogatory mark there. I would just want the TU report to get updated. is there a way to do that?

I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tips on improving credit score

Only dispute these if they are inaccurate-
It is VERY common for the lates to show up on the other 2 when they are disputed.

You actually have good score for the amount of Derogs-
How old are these?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone. I pulled all 3 reports from myfico today and I need MAJOR improvement:
TU: 655
EX: 646
EQ: 658

How do I approach improving my score for the following:

CapOne
I have a 30 day late reported in TU, but not in EQ

BofA
each CRA shows a diff't delinquency:
EQ: shows 1 time late
TU: shows 4x 30days late, and 1x 60days late
EX: shows 6x 30days late, 2x 60days late, and 3x 90days late

I guess my concern is that if I dispute the CapOne for instance, I don't want my account updated in EQ since there is no derogatory mark there. I would just want the TU report to get updated. is there a way to do that?

I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Thanks for the response.

The CapOne 30 day late was from Feb 2004

For BoA:
latest 30 day late was feb 2007
latest 90 day late was July 2001

So, let's say I want to GW these lates. Should I indicate on the letter to BoA for instance that I would like them to make a goodwill adjustment and report to all 3 CRAs?

And then for CapOne, just ask them to make a GW adjustment and report ONLY to TU since TU is the only one that shows the derog?

Thx.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

fixmycredit wrote:

And then for CapOne, just ask them to make a GW adjustment and report ONLY to TU since TU is the only one that shows the derog?

Take a look at my GMAC GW letter.

I call it the Just Play Dumb approach--although we truly were NOT late to GMAC.

Message 4 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

After reading your post it seems that the unasked question is: Do CRA's share/transfer info about client's accounts between them? example: TU receives info about one of your accounts, do they ship it over to EQ and EX? The answer is NO.
Each of your creditors reports your account to each CRA. Occasionally a creditor may omit your account from the tape they supply to the CRA's, btw there is a seperate tape for each CRA which is why sometimes you'll notice that a creditor has failed to update your report for only one CRA. How this omission happens is something I just don't understand but, that's their story and they are stickin' to it.

Anyway, it's my opinion that there is zero risk in disputing a Cap One account at TU and then having it show up at EQ, however YMMV. 
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

jackg wrote:
Do CRA's share/transfer info about client's accounts between them?

Yes, and I believe there's a snippet somewhere in FCRA that says they must in certain cases share, but there is absolutely NOTHING in FCRA that compells them to act on any of the information they share with one another. The only exception is Fraud Alerts. They are required to share FAs and act on them.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.