Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score drops but nothing has changed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion score drops but nothing has changed

So I check my credit report today and notice that my Equifax goes up from 732 to 755. I was expecting a jump since I paid off the balance of $2041 on a CC last month which had not shown up on Equifax, but had on the other two. The Experian score remains at 776 the same as last month, but what surprised me was that my Transunion score dropped from 782 to 765

How can that be? Nothing new has been reported to Transunion only Equifax had been updated. Why the drop with the Transunion score?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion score drops but nothing has changed

Hi Lighting, welcome to the forums. Please read credit scoring 101 (at least the first post by Tuscani). Are these scores FICO or FAKO? If FAKO, ignore them. If FICO, take out your magnifying glass, fine-toothed comb and highlighter and ENSURE that there are no differences. There would have to be some other difference. The FICO score isn't going to drop for no good reason. Although it may not look like it sometimes, there is a method to the madness in FICO land. As soon as we figure it out, we will let you in on the secret.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ByrdMan for the quick reply, and explanation. They are FAKO scores.  

Just acquired Transunion FICO and to my relief it shows 786 compared to the credit score of 765 that I had bought from a different source. The FICO score reflects what I had previously seen on my credit report from last months source.

I'll take your advice and ignore the FAKO score from that source in the future.

Message 3 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just acquired Transunion FICO and to my relief it shows 786 compared to the credit score of 765 that I had bought from a different source. The FICO score reflects what I had previously seen on my credit report from last months source.

Ignore FAKOs from any source in the future.  Also, ignore their credit score improvement advice too.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

More great advice

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ignore FAKOs from any source in the future.  Also, ignore their credit score improvement advice too.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.