Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand the differences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to understand the differences

I am just trying to understand the differences in my 3 FICO scores.

Looking at the credit reports of all 3, they all show the exact same information in them as far as accounts etc.  Yet I get 3 different scores.

TU...724
EQ..744
EX...768

Why the big differences when all of them show the exact same information in the reports?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to understand the differences

40 points is a difference - but not HUGE

Each of the CRA's have small differences in thier FICO versions.

I have YET to find someone with the EXACT information on all 3 CRAs -

Skyb1rd wrote:
I am just trying to understand the differences in my 3 FICO scores.

Looking at the credit reports of all 3, they all show the exact same information in them as far as accounts etc.  Yet I get 3 different scores.

TU...724
EQ..744
EX...768

Why the big differences when all of them show the exact same information in the reports?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to know why myFico has different scores that going straight through the CRAs. There's a 22 point difference on my myFico (Equifax) than from the one I got from Equifax.
Message 3 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

sky.............don't try to  understand the differences. No human being understands the three scoring systems - yes, each CRA uses a different (and closely guarded) scoring model.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Even with 3 identical CRs (not very common) the 3 CRAs would give you slighty different scores
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skyb1rd:

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure all 3 have the same data?  That is what I thought, until I realized that EQ was not reporting a card opened in 1987 but EX was, and EX was 25 points higher!   I am trying to get this old TL re-added to EQ, and if successful, will share with you the results.

Be 100% sure that ALL tradelines are showing in ALL 3 CR's or you will likely see some of the differences that you are.  Granted, as was said, they will never the exactly the same, but should be within 20 points of each other in many cases.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.