Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can i expect as a score change

tag
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

What can i expect as a score change

I know my situation is going to be different from someone else's, but I am trying to get an idea of what I may gain from some recent changes.

I paid or had deleted several baddies on my CR, and my scores have gone from mid 500's to 600's very rapidly.  However, my utilization was super high on my CC's and I was, of course, limited in what credit I had available.  So, here is what I did.

USAA Secured AMEX was at $2278/2500, paid it to $1100/2500, will report on the 24th

Opened an NFCU with a $2K CL,(small, but great for a rebuilder), hasn't reported yet

GECRB/JCPenney (oldest account) $5200/5400, but paid to $3000/5400

I am hoping for a 40 point increase, but I am trying to be realistic.  Would anyone care to give me a dose of reality.  Nothing else changed, nothing is late, nor any new baddies.

AMEX Platinum NPSL, NFCU Flagship 25K, NFCU Navchek 15K, Amex Everyday 5K, Chase Freedom 5K, Citi AAdvantage World MC 5K, Barclays USAir 5K, USAA Amex 1K, Cap1 QS 300
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What can i expect as a score change

What's the current balance on the NFCU?

Message 2 of 7
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

$12

AMEX Platinum NPSL, NFCU Flagship 25K, NFCU Navchek 15K, Amex Everyday 5K, Chase Freedom 5K, Citi AAdvantage World MC 5K, Barclays USAir 5K, USAA Amex 1K, Cap1 QS 300
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have anything else reporting that can factor into util like other CCs, HELOCs, LOCs, CC COs?

If nothing else, and assuming each balance reports, then util drops 95% to 42%. If you don't have any other CCs, then I can see 30 or so gain if all else is equal with a potential small loss taking away from that due to the new credit.

Message 4 of 7
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

No, nothing else.  Thanks very much

Message 5 of 7
bhca
Established Member

Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hello bhca and welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Inappropriate Content to a Moderator” link to ask the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Inappropriate Content to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.