Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did my points go?

tag
ladydeac
New Contributor

Where did my points go?

Two weeks ago, I had one collection remaining on my TU and EX reports, and two on my EQ.  All of these had been PFD'd and I was just waiting for them to drop off.  As I posted earlier this week, I was moritfied when Friday I updated my EX credit file (I have it monitored) and found a new $41 collection that hit, and on all three reports upon checking further.  I immediately PFD'd over the phone, and they promised to remove it.  It plunged my EX FAKO from 665 down to 586, a loss of 79 points.  Yesterday's FAKO dropped another 9 points due to my $0 balance on my Walmart card now reporting $204 (limit is $700). 

This morning, when refreshing my EX report, THANKFULLY both companies have kept their word and the collections are removed.  However, my EX FAKO only rebounded to 636....almost 30 points less than it was before the new collection hit.  The only change on my report was the Walmart increase, but as it appears, I should have only lost 9 points (based off of yesterday's drop when the new balance reported).  I am bummed...with the one collection remaining i was at 665, and was hoping when it fell off I'd get boosted a bit more.

Could I have rebucketed?  The only reason I think no is because I still have Nelnet showing two 90 day lates back from 2006, and one 30-day late from early 2011 on my old auto loan.  So while I have no more collections, I stil have those blemishes.  I understand I shouldn't worry about FAKOs, but I at least thought I'd get the points back.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where did my points go?

FAKOs aren't complicated enough in their formula for rebucketing. I know for sure that at least one FAKO scores some CA aspects positively, history maybe. This isn't the case with FICO though. I wouldn't worry.

Message 2 of 3
ladydeac
New Contributor

Re: Where did my points go?

Whew ok...thanks! I need all the points I can get!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.