cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why FAKO + and - when report doesn't change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why FAKO + and - when report doesn't change?

I know FAKO scores don't matter so I'm not attempting to start another FAKO score vs FICO score thread or argue about CK or anything of that sort.  One thing I'm trying to understand though is why my FAKO score goes + and - upwards of 50 points every WEEK when seemingly, to me, nothing on my report is changing at all?  I know CK scores are based off the Vantage 3.0 model.  So that said, what is the model seeing as being different?  Literally everything is the same such as my balances owed, utilization dollars and percent, inquires, yadda yadda.  The only thing that DOES change from week to week is my AAoA grows by 1/52 yr. and my late payments age 1/52 yr. which I would assume means over time on any scoring model my score would go up a point or two here or there.  The the last several weeks my CK FAKO score goes +55 points, then the following week -54 points, then the next week +52 points, etc.  Again I know the score in and of itself is meaningless, I just can't figure out what data could possibly cause such a yo-yo effect from week to week.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why FAKO + and - when report doesn't change?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know FAKO scores don't matter so I'm not attempting to start another FAKO score vs FICO score thread or argue about CK or anything of that sort.  One thing I'm trying to understand though is why my FAKO score goes + and - upwards of 50 points every WEEK when seemingly, to me, nothing on my report is changing at all?  I know CK scores are based off the Vantage 3.0 model.  So that said, what is the model seeing as being different?  Literally everything is the same such as my balances owed, utilization dollars and percent, inquires, yadda yadda.  The only thing that DOES change from week to week is my AAoA grows by 1/52 yr. and my late payments age 1/52 yr. which I would assume means over time on any scoring model my score would go up a point or two here or there.  The the last several weeks my CK FAKO score goes +55 points, then the following week -54 points, then the next week +52 points, etc.  Again I know the score in and of itself is meaningless, I just can't figure out what data could possibly cause such a yo-yo effect from week to week.

Cause something is wonky (technical term) with Transunion as of late for the 3rd party report services.  Happening here too.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok, I hadn't even considered the possibility that it was happening to others.  So it's not "seeing" some sort of change in my report then that to my knowledge doesn't exist.  Good to know!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing, under Vantage 3.0 scoring, how long does it take late payments to fall off?  I'm assuming it's significantly less than 7 years, because it only shows that I have 5 late payments counting against my score when I have 16 within the last 7 years?

Message 4 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

I have heard other posters complain about this but I have never had a big score swing on V3 without a report change.

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

One more thing, under Vantage 3.0 scoring, how long does it take late payments to fall off?  I'm assuming it's significantly less than 7 years, because it only shows that I have 5 late payments counting against my score when I have 16 within the last 7 years?

I don't mean to be negative, but don't take what you see in the interfaces for various 3rd party report peddlers as gospel.

The lates are still there if they're on the bureau dataset, and making an assumption on VS based on what CK or Wallethub or CreditTracker or others list is a bad and sloppy mistake.  

VS 3.0 isn't a junk score in my opinion, if it is in yours as it is in others, then ignore it, it's simply different.  Obvious example:

My mortgage!

EQ Beacon 5.0 aka FICO 04: flat (installment utilization not a metric, nor is a mortgage an uber tradeline as some suggested)

EQ Beacon 9.0 aka FICO 8: down 24 points (installment utilization)

EQ VS 3.0: up 47 points (apparently mortgage holders get a gold star!)

Go figure.

Anyway don't stress over it, while it's relevant in absolute terms, it's not statistically in the current market.

        
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not taking anything as gospel and think I prefaced my original post stating that.  I've been following my different score types for a long time now and have never seen a +50 then -50 swing back and forth a few times from week to week which I feel was a perfectly acceptable reason to post.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.