Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are scores different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are scores different?

I know this has probably been asked, but if all three reports have the same positives and negatives, why are the scores different? Just wondering...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why are scores different?

Each of the CRAs have slightly different scoring formulas, based off of items that they tend to deem more important. So, if all of your items were reported exactly the same on all three (highly unlikely for anyone with more than a few TLs), your scores will vary some.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU and EX have exactly the same items on them, I am curious to see why they are different score wise. My EQ does not have my auto loan listed. In theory EQ should be a smaller score, right? (I have not pulled an EQ score yet.)

Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

They might have the exact same items reporting in exactly the same manner, but that doesn't mean that they will report the same score, because the scoring algorithms are different for all three.

Pappy214 wrote:

My TU and EX have exactly the same items on them, I am curious to see why they are different score wise. My EQ does not have my auto loan listed. In theory EQ should be a smaller score, right? (I have not pulled an EQ score yet.)  Too many factors that we don't knowabout the scoring algorithm, as well as your CR.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.