Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Any Of This Help My FICO?

tag
Failingupwards
New Contributor

Will Any Of This Help My FICO?

I've been busy... I have contacted the people who held all of these accounts and made arrangements and have taken care of them. I'll have about $2100 left to pay towards my CC debts (probably will focus the most of it at the WF account since it's more versatile). The bad thing is that, as these convert and show a $0 balance, some of them are reporting that they were late prior to being paid! I know this is all a waiting game-- I didn't get into this mess overnight and I can't fix it instantly, but does anyone have experience with this situation? Might ANY of these payoffs "pay off"? I'm also concerned that my only installment loan- my car- will be paid in full in July, so I will no longer get that boost from a line of credit.

Bad News and paid off:

AMEX settled 2855 and paid

Amazon settled 1545 and paid

Macy's 444 and paid

Cap 1 settled 393.70 and paid

WM settled 1602.45 and paid

Belk settled 1692 and paid

JCP settled 636 and paid

LB settled 519 and paid

Sams settled 130 and paid

Gap settled 296 and paid

Kohls settled 744 and paid

Best Buy MC settled 1408 and paid

Current/ Good Status (never late)

WF Platinum- 2907/3000

Target- 1856/2300

Indigo Card- 0/300

Cap1 QS- 0/300

CU LOC- 4288/5000 (joint with DH)

Car- almost paid off- 1 payment left!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Any Of This Help My FICO?

@Failingupwards wrote:

I've been busy... I have contacted the people who held all of these accounts and made arrangements and have taken care of them. I'll have about $2100 left to pay towards my CC debts (probably will focus the most of it at the WF account since it's more versatile). The bad thing is that, as these convert and show a $0 balance, some of them are reporting that they were late prior to being paid! I know this is all a waiting game-- I didn't get into this mess overnight and I can't fix it instantly, but does anyone have experience with this situation? Might ANY of these payoffs "pay off"? I'm also concerned that my only installment loan- my car- will be paid in full in July, so I will no longer get that boost from a line of credit.

Bad News and paid off:

AMEX settled 2855 and paid

Amazon settled 1545 and paid

Macy's 444 and paid

Cap 1 settled 393.70 and paid

WM settled 1602.45 and paid

Belk settled 1692 and paid

JCP settled 636 and paid

LB settled 519 and paid

Sams settled 130 and paid

Gap settled 296 and paid

Kohls settled 744 and paid

Best Buy MC settled 1408 and paid

Current/ Good Status (never late)

WF Platinum- 2907/3000

Target- 1856/2300

Indigo Card- 0/300

Cap1 QS- 0/300

CU LOC- 4288/5000 (joint with DH)

Car- almost paid off- 1 payment left!!!

Anything you "settled" is going to be a negative for a long time.

Your lates are going to continue to show up as negatives for a while.

Don't expect any score improvements in the near future. My advice is to send in verification letters constantly, which will accelerate the process of getting some of your negatives removed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 5
Failingupwards
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear, I should not just pursue a good will/ deletion campaign but request verification as well/ instead?

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Failingupwards wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear, I should not just pursue a good will/ deletion campaign but request verification as well/ instead?

My understanding is that good will - deletion is something you do before, rather than after, you 'settle' with them, as part of the negotiation. But I'm no expert.

Sending in verification letters sometimes can accelerate the process of getting something removed... you ask credit bureau to verify, creditor doesn't respond or doesn't respond in timely fashion, negative is deleted.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can still send in GW requests after they have been settled, but since you don't owe them any money any longer you sort of lose your negotiating leverage.  It seems kind of backwards when you think about it, that if you actually still owed them money you'd be in a better position to get the negatives removed.  Still worth a shot perhaps, but as SJ recommended verification letters are probably the way to go first for a couple of months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.