Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

fico score

Hi I just joined this site on sunday and was wondering how often does my score get updated through this site?  I have made some changes on my report and curious if it made a difference on score.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico score

Welcome!

As you may know, there are a couple of ways you can pull your FICO report w/ score through this website. You can purchase via FICO® Standard for EQ and/or TU and get a one-time snapshot of your credit at that moment. These reports don't update at all and are available for 30 days I believe.

Another way is through FICO® Quarterly Monitoring. This service (aka TUQM) is for TU only and is basically a pre-paid plan to get 4 FICO Standard reports for TU on a quarterly basis. It has some added features that tend to come in handy from time to time too. These reports also do not update, but you basically get a new TU report every 3 months at a discount which helps. Also it monitors TU in that it will not track credit items (e.g. increased balances), but will alert you to important demographic changes (e.g. potential fraud issues).

The last way is through Score Watch®. SW monitors EQ only and tracks for changes in increased balances, added inquiries, added baddies, changes in account  statuses, and so on. There's a ScoreWatch Guide floating around in myFICO Product Feedback board. There is a drawback in that SW will not alert you to decreased balances or dropped baddies. However, there is a FICO monitoring aspect to it and it tracks changes to your EQ FICO. It won't specifically tell you why your score changed, but if you set your Target Score in the Settings to EXACTLY match your latest EQ FICO, then you'll get alerted to changes to your EQ FICO as it happens. Plus, you have to reset that Target score every time your score changes. You'd have to pull your EQ report from somewhere to see those exact reasons to any score change, if known. With SW, you get 2 EQ FICO reports per year. One must be used when you subscribe and the other is available right away if you pay annually or available after a couple months if paying monthly. You also get 30% off all future EQ FICO report purchases. Like with the other FICO products, the reports don't update, but the score will if you set that Target score exactly right.

The other service is Suze Orman's FICO kit. That's basically a prepaid plan to purchase any FICO report (3 of EQ, 3 of TU, or a combination of 3 of the two) whenever you want.

It can get expensive pulling new reports. I'd suggest googling "myFICO discount codes" for extra savings. I'm in the middle of the mortgage and pull 3x/month, times 2 reports each, times 2 of us (DW and I), times the cost $16(?). If you do the math, the price can really add up. To help offset it, we subscribe to a credit monitoring service that tracks those changes to the report and after we close, then we'll only pull when there's a major change to our report.

Message 2 of 4
markcerm
New Contributor

I am on the score watch still in the 10 day free trial period.  just was wondering how often my score updates it didnt update i joined on 1/9/2011 also will i still get alerts durning the free trial period? I set to email and cell with alerts but I never got a text on phone to setup the text alerts. thats why im wondering if the alert part of score watch updates and works on the free trial period. Im pretty sure there has been changes on report since i joined. I just got put on a card as a AU, and i got a new card coming in the mail from a approval.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Anytime you obtain a new credit score, it is calculated based on the contents of your credit file as of that date. If information has been reported to a CRA, and the CRA has entered it into your credit file, your current score will reflect your current credit file status.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.