Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my score is stuck!?!

tag
jaron002
Established Member

my score is stuck!?!

ive been trying since DEC 11' to get my scores to 620 for my loan it been a very stressful battle with so many ups an downs. my scores at one point  were 5 points away and then LVNV gave me a gut punch.

help me make sure that im doing everything i can

Good accounts

auto loan 03/01/2011 to now perfect history 

credit cards-  first preimer 300 limit $10 balance  08/25/2011 to now perfect history

cap one- 300 limit $0 balance 1/2012 to now perfect history

HSBC- 300 limit $0 balance 01/01/2012 to now perfect history

bad- LVNV 12/30/2011 paid in full CO

first primier paid in full 

Date opened Date of last activityDate closed 

Mar, 2007
Sep, 2007
Dec, 2007

aaron rents - open Aug, 2009 dola Aug, 2010 paid in full 

afni- open 7/2010  balance $468 

Length of History

Oldest Account5.1 Years
Average Account Age1.5 Years
Current Negative StatusNone

Revolving Credit Summary*

Revolving Credit Limit$900.00
Revolving Credit Available$890.00
Revolving Credit to Debt Ratio99%

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Re: my score is stuck!?!

Bring your util. down.  Time- let those accounts age. 

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

You are being hurt by the 99% utilization. The fastest way to improve a score is lowering utilization as much and as quickly as possible.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, where are you getting your report info from? I ask because some credit monitoring services invert util available with util used. In FICO-speak, amount available isn't used so I think it caused some confusion with the first glance that your overall util was at 99% vs. 1%. Your util at 1% is excellent.

I also ask about the source because if you got your score from the same source, then you don't have a FICO score. Your FICO could easily be much higher or much lower. I'm going off a huge limb by guessing, but is this from freecreditreport.com? There are only a couple of services that list AAoA and took a stab at the guess. The AAoA would be incorrectly figured too.

I'd focus on the baddies. LVNV and AFNI, at the least, are a major score drain. Send GW letters to LVNV. For AFNI, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Was Aaron Rents a rental account? Is that a negative, or do they normally report when you have an account with them? Just curious. I had a rental agreement on a couple of items through a similar place, but they never reported (thankfully).

Message 4 of 7
jaron002
Established Member

I have 1% ult 3 cards have $300 limits and I have a $10 balance on 1 card
Message 5 of 7
jaron002
Established Member

that info was from zendough and experian.com my scores from a lender pull are 602eq beacon, 5 588ex fair Isaac, 583 tu classic 04 on 5/22. Aaron's was a charge off that I paid. lvnv is paid in full afni carries a balance because I was scared to call them and they update
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Missed it by that much (well, a mile).

I was about to post to send a GW to Aarons to delete, but I noticed it is your oldest account. Even though the CO hurts a good deal, the loss of the history might hurt more.

The scores your lender used are most common. The EQ from myFICO will match that 602 if pulled the same day, and the TU FICO from here will not match the one used by your lender, as your lender is using a newer version of TU FICO.

I wouldn't worry about AFNI [updating]. Your FICOs won't move until AFNI and/or LVNV are gone.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.