Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does FAKO mean?

tag
tracy829
Valued Member

what does FAKO mean?

Ok ive been reading all kinds of threads here and i am trying to figure out what it means when people say FAKO.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what does FAKO mean?

It is basically a score that lots of people try to pass off as your real FICO score.  It is NOT a true FICO score that any lender would look at.

Your real (the ones that matter) FICO can be pulled here at myfico.

Message 2 of 7
tracy829
Valued Member

Ohh ok thanks,  what does it cost to get them at myfico?  Thanks again

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

$15.95 for EQ or TU. It is impossible to pull your own EX FICO from anywhere. Be sure to google "myFICO discount code" first.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind me asking, how much can one save with the discount. I called the oder day and the nice lady I spoke with give me this fico discount code.
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are some codes out there that will save you 20%-30%. Or if you have SW, you save $5 per pull on EQ.
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I must disagree to some extent on the characterization of non-FICO scores.

There is nothing "fake" about a non-FICO score.  It just means it was not produced by the Fair Isaac scoring algorithm.  No one can tell you that a score generated by the Fair Isaac algorithm is any better (meaning more reflective of actual credit risk) than a score generated by other vendors.  The term "FAKO" is a prejurious implication that they are fake scores.  No vendor can legally sell a credit score and label it is a FICO(R)) score.

I do agree that most creditors use FICO scores, since they have been the standard for longer than any other scoring method.  And that, alone, is a reason to rely upon FICO scores,if you know that is what your creditor will rely upon.

But I dont like, or use, the term FAKO.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.