Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refi and payment question

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Auto Refi and payment question

I’m closing on my auto Refi on Friday the 17th at my CU. The CU cuts a check at closing that they send to Chase. My next payment is due on the 25th to Chase.

Anyone with experience with Chase know their turnaround time? Would they likely process that check before the 25th payment due date? Ideally I’d like to use that would-be payment to pay off a CC.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Refi and payment question

You're CU will pay them directly it's possible you may be able to skip a payment or your due date will be later but it goes directly to them (Chase).

Message 2 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks,

Yeah the first CU payment should be due 45 days later with the new loan. My question is more about would I have to pay Chase in the 25th given the timing. I’m hoping Chase would get it in time.
Message 3 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
I’m closing on my auto Refi on Friday the 17th at my CU. The CU cuts a check at closing that they send to Chase.
My next payment is due on the 25th to Chase.

Anyone with experience with Chase know their turnaround time? Would they likely process that check before the 25th payment due date? Ideally I’d like to use that would-be payment to pay off a CC.

2-3 working days for ACH or Mail would be 22-23 at Chase, but it might not process for many more days. (No experience with Chase but many are slow with payoff's)

I would not risk it.  Pay your monthly payment and wait for the overpayment refund.

.or.

If able to make payments at a Chase branch, go there on the 24-25 with money in hand and have them check if you need to pay or funds were received and credited to your loan.

Message 4 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Yeah I won’t risk it. I mean if need be I can pay online on the 25th. Wow 22 days in mail, that’s extreme by today standards. I’m fairly sure the CU will mail a certified check but I’ll confirm with them. Either way this isn’t the end of the world. Was just hoping to earmark that money elsewhere. Hopefully the refund would be quick
Message 5 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
I’m closing on my auto Refi on Friday the 17th at my CU. The CU cuts a check at closing that they send to Chase.
My next payment is due on the 25th to Chase.

Wow 22 days in mail, that’s extreme by today standards.

Not 22 days the 22nd or 23rd (Wed or Thurs), and only 2 or 3 days max in hand by Chase.

Pretty close unless you are talking following month, Feb 25th, then I would think it should be a done deal.

Message 6 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Hopefully the refund would be quick

They want money on time but usually are slow on the refunds.

I had to wait about 6 weeks on a mortgage payoff over-payment.

Message 7 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

ah that makes sense.  i think it should work out fine, but ill be ready on the 25th just in case.

New question...once Chase proccesses the Payoff, I plan to  inquire for my gap insurance refund...any idea how long that typically takes?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.