Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with VW Financial?

tag
TaylorTaylor
New Contributor

Experience with VW Financial?

Hi, I am curious about anyone's experience with VW Financial. I usually buy cars, but I am open to leasing as well at the moment.

Would love to know of good or bad experiences, advice on purchasing my first VW, if you went with VW Financial or ended getting better terms elsewhere, fees, which auto scores they pull and from which bureau, etc.

Thanks!

Fico 8
Starting Score (06/2020):
Current Score (12/2023):

Fico 9
Starting (10/2019):
Current (12/2023):

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card: $10,000 - CapitalOne SavorOne: $11,000 - Care Credit: $20,000 - Target RedCard: $5000 - Apple: $2250 - Amazon: $10,000 - Synchrony Home Design $21,000
5 REPLIES 5
Caliboy97
Contributor

Re: Experience with VW Financial?

My mom has leased VW for about 10 years + and they have always been good to her, she went over her mileage allotted which each one and they never rolled it into the next lease. TBH just have to find a dealership that wants your business and make them go to work for you. We had worked with the same guy every time and always took care of us.

Bankruptcy Discharge 9/21/2020
Starting Scores

May Update (Moving)

Slow and Steady Rebuild. Around 15K in revolving credit at 2% and 45K Auto Loan! Hoping to start upping those limits over time.
Capital one Platinum and Quicksilver | Kia Financial 49K auto loan | Navy Fed Secure Card | OpenSky Secure Card | Schools First FCU Card | Grain account | KikOff Loan and credit account | Student Loans Perfect history 16K left
Message 2 of 6
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

VW Financial is very good and has terrific lease/finance terms. my brother in law has had VW leases for over 15 years.. 

Message 3 of 6
daveg38
Established Contributor

I have successfully purchased two Jettas with VW Financial. Beautiful customer service. Needed to defer payments twice, and they didn't make me feel bad at all. I'll probably grab a Tiguan in 2021.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 6
rostrow416
Established Contributor

You can be confident that you are getting one of the better financing deals with VW financial.  I've leased 2 cars through them and financed 2 cars through them, never an issue.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 5 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I'm on my second consecutive lease with VW Financial and will either purchase this at the end (price is really good and very few miles given pandemic) or purchase a new 2021. I've had great experience with them. They pulled TU in CA both times. 

One thing to be mindful of is if purchasing any products from the dealership (e.g. extended wear and tear, VW maintenance plans, etc.) triple check that they are selling you the actual VW product and not a third party one. I learned the hard way that my dealership was a sneaky snake. Read that fine print!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.