cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a loan question

tag
nismosr

Getting a loan question

first post , My wife wanted to get a car 20k and we are putting $6000 downpayment. she has a short length credit history and her score from TU is 630 per TD Bank where she got denied. well most major bank denied her. but the dealer said there's is one bank that approved her but we need to come back with some paper works like paystub and proof of address like utility bills. She makes $46k a year. I ask the dealership what's the rate but they wouldn't tell me the business manager said it's a reasonable rate. my question is

what's a reasonable rates to dealers with no credit and low score. our limit is no more than 15% interest rate. What do you guys think ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting a loan question

Thats a BS answer.  I would push on the answer before wasting your time going in there.  

Message 2 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If the dealer won't tell you the rate, they are going to rip you off.

In this market, a high rate is anything over 5%. That doesn't mean the dealer won't stick you with a 30% apr.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 4
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

That's a lame BS tactic to get you in to the finance managers office with the paperwork. I've been told those exact same lines before and walked away. I suggest you do the same. Tell them you want to know the APR before hand or just walk away it's as simple as that. Remember you have the power here not them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.