Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first refinance.

tag
Fester82
Established Member

My first refinance.

My credit a year ago was in the low 500s. I got a car loan at 19% interest at $430 a month.  With breaking bad habits and auto pay for the first time in my life I was able to refinance my car.  I went down to a 9% interest with a $317 payment.  Not the best but for me,  it's a fantastic feeling!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: My first refinance.

Awesome and congrats!   It is a good feeling and it only gets better from here.  Lets hope fed rates improve over the next year or two.

Message 2 of 13
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@Fester82 wrote:

My credit a year ago was in the low 500s. I got a car loan at 19% interest at $430 a month.  With breaking bad habits and auto pay for the first time in my life I was able to refinance my car.  I went down to a 9% interest with a $317 payment.  Not the best but for me,  it's a fantastic feeling!

My friend, I don't think you realize the gravity of what you've accomplished. Going from 19% to 9% in one year, as the fed rate increased nearly 6% over that same time period.. is frankly extraordinary. FYI, 9% is below the current national average for pre owned car loans.

Congrats and celebrate your hard (and smart) work.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 3 of 13
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Cutting your payment by more than a hundred dollars a month is great, congratulations on your refi!

Message 4 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, that is fantastic! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 13
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Its a great feeling, like a weight lifted. I know because 1 year ago i had a 21% APR and re-financed to a 5.5%

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

@Fester82 wrote:

I think "but for me" sums it up. Everybody financial and credit journey is different, and thats huge progress! Keep up the good work!

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 7 of 13
Fester82
Established Member

Thank you all. Your comments made me smile,  and felt good to read.  Thank you. 

@OniStringer wrote:

@Fester82 wrote:

I think "but for me" sums it up. Everybody financial and credit journey is different, and thats huge progress! Keep up the good work!

Message 8 of 13
Hunterd04

Who did you refinance with?

Message 9 of 13
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@OniStringer wrote:

@Fester82 wrote:

Couldn't be said better @Fester82  congrats!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.