Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU does it again

tag
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

NFCU does it again

I went in branch and applied for a truck loan and it was a very simple an quick process. The only glitch was after approval they had to wait on underwriting to approve the printing of the check. I was able to take advantage of the previous year deal by getting it done on the last day of the year. After reading some of the recent post I was about to try Penfed instead, but went with NFCU and couldn't be more pleased.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU does it again

Congrats on the approval !   What loan term / rate did you go with ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude I took the 72 month 2.29% rate.

Message 3 of 7
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

I also went with NFCU when I bought my car in September.  It was so easy to get approved.  I love the fact I can pay as much as I want.  I started out Sept 2nd at $37k and already made so many extra payments that I don't have one officially due until Sep 2022 (of course I am going to keep paying it down every 2 weeks anyways).  I have 16% paid already and they are ok with me doing this.  I should have it paid off late next year at this rate.

I am very happy with them.

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 4 of 7
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@TXPocohontas wrote:

I also went with NFCU when I bought my car in September.  It was so easy to get approved.  I love the fact I can pay as much as I want.  I started out Sept 2nd at $37k and already made so many extra payments that I don't have one officially due until Sep 2022 (of course I am going to keep paying it down every 2 weeks anyways).  I have 16% paid already and they are ok with me doing this.  I should have it paid off late next year at this rate.

I am very happy with them.

@TXPocohontas  I didn't know that the advance payments delayed the due date. Good thing to know. Thanks for the heads up. But they really make it super simple. Keep up the great paymet rate, don't think I can keep up with you on that lol.

Message 5 of 7
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

@CerebralZulu Yeah, my DTI is only 24% so I have the extra money to do it. 😁

Wishing you a blessed new year!

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 6 of 7
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@TXPocohontas Happy New Year to you as well!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.