Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre qual denial

tag
dahx
New Contributor

Pre qual denial

Tried lendingclub just to see if it would fly. I have two CCs opened close together nearly 7 years ago. FICO 8 across all 3 CBs fluctuate between 760s to 820 depending on card balances (which combined always below 20% util). I use them both for different purposes. Balance each is roughly $300 atm, am under 15% util. I do have two more on the way, but there was only one hard inquiry on TU. Also tried TD bank for a personal loan, however they offered  a max of 9k at 20% APR, I said screw that.

Reason highlighted:

No open auto trade

Your credit score: 772
Date of Credit Report Pull: Sunday, Feb 25, 2024
Scores range from 300 to 900
Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
Lack of recent installment loan information
Proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high
Too few accounts currently paid as agreed
Too many accounts with balances

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre qual denial

@dahx wrote:

Tried lendingclub just to see if it would fly. I have two CCs opened close together nearly 7 years ago. FICO 8 across all 3 CBs fluctuate between 760s to 820 depending on card balances (which combined always below 20% util). I use them both for different purposes. Balance each is roughly $300 atm, am under 15% util. I do have two more on the way, but there was only one hard inquiry on TU. Also tried TD bank for a personal loan, however they offered  a max of 9k at 20% APR, I said screw that.

Reason highlighted:

No open auto trade

Your credit score: 772
Date of Credit Report Pull: Sunday, Feb 25, 2024
Scores range from 300 to 900
Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
Lack of recent installment loan information
Proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high
Too few accounts currently paid as agreed
Too many accounts with balances

My bet is if you went down to a single card reporting a trivial balance of say, less than $100, you'd be approved.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 2 of 9
dahx
New Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

My bet is if you went down to a single card reporting a trivial balance of say, less than $100, you'd be approved.

Yeah, that's my plan for my next round. I do have two more cards that will be reporting soon and my TL increased by a factor of 4 with a cli and two new cards. So I guess one small balance and three zeros. Pita to micro manage these things.

Message 3 of 9
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@dahx wrote:

Yeah, that's my plan for my next round. I do have two more cards that will be reporting soon and my TL increased by a factor of 4 with a cli and two new cards. So I guess one small balance and three zeros. Pita to micro manage these things.

Agreed, I'm applying for a mortgage and am currently practicing AZEO for the first time of my life; I hate it.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 4 of 9
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the outcome.

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Unless I'm missing something, I only see that lending club offers auto refinancing

If that's the case then it makes sense they'd deny you for not currently having an open auto loan. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 9
dahx
New Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, I only see that lending clug offers auto refinancing

If that's the case then it makes sense they'd deny you for not currently having an open auto loan. 

lol. Thanks! 

I did do it just to see if I'd qualify.. it was nice to get my fico auto score for free, assuming that's what it was.

Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@dahx wrote:

lol. Thanks! 

I did do it just to see if I'd qualify.. it was nice to get my fico auto score for free, assuming that's what it was.

Yeah not quite free, at least in sense that it probably cost you a few FICO points for the inquiry. 

Also I wouldn't assume this is your Auto score unless they specifically told you the score model.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 9
dahx
New Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@dahx wrote:

lol. Thanks! 

Yeah not quite free, at least in sense that it probably cost you a few FICO points for the inquiry. 

Also I wouldn't assume this is your Auto score unless they specifically told you the score model.

It was a pre approval check, no hard inquiries. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.