cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range Rover Lease or CPO

tag
ashbol93

Range Rover Lease or CPO

I've been looking into getting a RR Sport. I need more of a family car. I'm trying to see which Fico scores they pull. Right now my utilization is at 27% I make 100k year. I have a prev BK from 2016. I just sold my BMW. My FICO 8 Auto scores are EQ693/T639/EX657 and FICO 9 Auto scores are EQ 704/T681/EX658. I don't know why my auto scores are all over the place. I'm thinking now is possibly a good time to get a deal with the coronavirus. I also keep hearing about reliability issues some are saying they are the worst and some praise the RR's as the best truck ever. Anything will help!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Re: Range Rover Lease or CPO

All I ever read about with RR is the reliability issue and them being "the worse" as you mention, but I still see quite a few of them on the road.  I never really thought about the price of them since they are not my cup of tea until my wife mentioned she may look into getting one in a couple of years once here current car's lease is up.  The one she likes (the flagship one) is about $100k!

Message 2 of 5
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

Hey Ashbol93,

I would wait for as long as you can. New car are getting discount alot because of the COVID-19 but used prices are still mainly "untouched" . If you can give a month or two and let that inventory hurt a bit on dealers lot. I think you will see better prices.

Just my 2 cents

Fee

Message 3 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

IMO the only option on a Range Rover is to lease it and hand it back before the warranty is up.  I would not own one, even CPO.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashbol93 wrote:

I've been looking into getting a RR Sport. I need more of a family car. I'm trying to see which Fico scores they pull. Right now my utilization is at 27% I make 100k year. I have a prev BK from 2016. I just sold my BMW. My FICO 8 Auto scores are EQ693/T639/EX657 and FICO 9 Auto scores are EQ 704/T681/EX658. I don't know why my auto scores are all over the place. I'm thinking now is possibly a good time to get a deal with the coronavirus. I also keep hearing about reliability issues some are saying they are the worst and some praise the RR's as the best truck ever. Anything will help!! 

My SO has worked at many dealerships. His take is RRs are nice, but proper maintenance is super $$$, and because of that most people just drive them til they need an oil change or break (more often the latter). They are expensive overall. They are often a status vehicle (of course, imo).

So I will say people will praise them when they have them and say they are the worst once it is time to do basic maintenance (or major because they didn't want to pay for the basic maintenance once they found out the cost).

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.