Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo from 2000

tag
tabby
Valued Member

Repo from 2000

I had a car that was financed through Ford Motor Company.  The car was repo'd around 2000 or 2001 (I don't remember now).  I am in the market for a new car now. I know about the auto enhanced credit scores, but my question is how far back can a finance company see your credit history. I never paid on the account after it was repo'd and it fell off about 4 years ago.  Is this repo anything I should be worried about.  I haven't checked my scores yet, but they shouldn't be too bad, maybe mid to high 600s (my fakos are 701 and 702.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Getting back on track is a long process!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Repo from 2000

If it's not on your credit report, I would not think it would be an issue.

Message 2 of 5
tabby
Valued Member

Thank your for your response.  I do have another question though.  I've read on these boards, especially posts from USMC58555 that you can get blacklisted from a car company.  How likely is that?  Will they black list you if you have a repo with them?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tabby wrote:

Thank your for your response.  I do have another question though.  I've read on these boards, especially posts from USMC58555 that you can get blacklisted from a car company.  How likely is that?  Will they black list you if you have a repo with them?

Yeah you can and will. What do you expect?

If you left Ford Motor Credit with a repo, but paid all outstanding monies you may have rehabilitated enough for them to "consider" you.

If you left them monies owed I really doubt they would consider anything.

In general and in my experience- if you burned Ford they do not change their minds, as a co signer or anything- if your SSN is attached to the deal its a no go.  That may also stretch to Mazda. No Loans, leases, or preferred interest rates. 

Just because it is "off' your credit report does not mean it is also removed from the individual companies records.

Message 4 of 5
tabby
Valued Member

Wow. OK. So Ford and Mazda are out.  Do you know which other companies I shouldn't bother with?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.