Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AMEX to make car payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using AMEX to make car payment?

Hey all! I was just wondering is there any viable way to make my car payment with my AMEX delta sky miles? I just got the card my limit is only a $1,000 id really like to use it heavy and my car payment and insurance will surly max the card out, I’ll pay it in full I’ve been using my bank card the last 4 years to make my car payment and pay my car insurance but if I can meet the minimum spend on a cc for its bonus offer this is a great way! My car payment is $796 and my insurance is $200 that should max it out but Of course I’ll pay it in full before it reports, any way to do this with my AMEX? Particularly The car payment my loan is through SunTrust bank thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using AMEX to make car payment?

Have you checked your bank's and your car insurance's website to see if they will accept a credit card as payment? A lot of financial institutions won't loet you use a credit card to pay off a loan. In that case, there are companies that will let you charge the amount with them and then they send a check to the bank, but they charge a fee. Plastiq is one such company.

Message 2 of 4
rbentley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you checked your bank's and your car insurance's website to see if they will accept a credit card as payment? A lot of financial institutions won't loet you use a credit card to pay off a loan. In that case, there are companies that will let you charge the amount with them and then they send a check to the bank, but they charge a fee. Plastiq is one such company.

Plastiq does not allow you to use AmEx as a payment source.

Message 3 of 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, unfortunately Plastiq doesn’t allow Amex for car payments. If your banking website where you make your payments doesn’t accept cards, you may be out of luck. Sorry! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.