cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment calculation

tag
Tallpap

payment calculation

Gross automotive payment to income ratio of less than 25%.

how can i calulate that. I make $33k annual income?

the payment would be NO MORE than 600

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: payment calculation

(33,000 x .25 )/12
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's around 680. If 33k is your gross, I would do net for my calculations, if it were me.
Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

If I were you and going to buy a house at the end of the year, I would wait to buy a car.

And, if you need a car, then get a beater that you pay cash for so it doesn't impact your debt to income to purchase your first home.

Find out from your LO's what your current ratio's are with the new projected house payment and the max amount allowed for your backend ratio. You probably don't have a lot of room in the back end ratio after your "new" house payment. The LO should be able to give you good guidance on these calculations.

Message 4 of 6
Tallpap

i dont need a new car but i was going to do a lease, and i saw that with bmw leasing and was just curious.

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Tallpap wrote:

i dont need a new car but i was going to do a lease, and i saw that with bmw leasing and was just curious.

A lease will impact the amount you can buy too. The key is to get the figures from your loan officer for the max amount you can allocate to other debt and then take out your current debt obligations so you see what is available for a lease.   Of course, if you are dreaming....dream all you want Smiley Happy Smiley Happy We all have to have a goal that makes it worth while!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.