Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 meeting was last week next steps

tag
Whew
Valued Member

341 meeting was last week next steps

Hello.  My 341 meeting was held last Tuesday.  I've been researching and have learned that the discharge may occur in 60-75 days.  In the interim I'm trying to work on a reaffirmation with my auto lender.  I hope we won't have to get another car. : : Smiley Sad

As for next steps...should I pull my husband and my reports and make sure that all accounts are showing as being part of the chap 7? 

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tonya
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 meeting was last week next steps

Hi, I had my 341 this week, pulled my score and report from exp at free credit report because of their free 30 days. I was really curious to see the impact on my score. I found a couple cards were still not included in the 7 yet so they may take a few weeks to show IIB according to my atty. It definately wouldn't hurt to pull your report and score for peace of mind.
Message 2 of 4
Whew
Valued Member

Yes.  I agree. I pulled my report and disputed some things last night.

Message 3 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

you should be able to reaffirm the car.  Trustee's are usually willing to reaffim houses and cars.  But you might have to stay on top of it.  In addition, not all creditors will report your payments even with a reaffirmation.  Check with your lender and see what their policy is.  I have run into that with a vacant land loan we reaffirmed.  Shows as IIB/zero balance even though we were never late and sold the property 2 years after our discharge.  I disputed with the cra that if they were not going to show our payments, then it needed to come off our credit report per the 7 year rule.  Low and behold, the lender is now reporting it as paid in full, on time, no derog on credit report.  I called them and got mad about it and it has now updated on my TU
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.