Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Capital Solutions

tag
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Advanced Capital Solutions

I'm around 3 years past my BK.  All my debt was discharged.  Since then no missed payments.  All CC's are payed in full each month.

I just got a call from Advanced Capital Solutions.  I don't answer calls that are not in my contacts so I let it goto voicemail.  The voicemail was not anything special.  Just said who they were and to call them back.  I Googled them and they are a debt collection agency.  It surprised me because everything was discharged.  

Has anyone had them call long after your discharge? Can't decide if I should call them back or not to see why they called.  I assume if they think they have a ligitimate debt I would have gotten a letter first.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Advanced Capital Solutions

Probably best to call them; if they think they have a valid debt to collect you can set them straight with our filing information.  If you don't contact, it is likely they'll continue to bug you.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@nomadic_triathleteI got a few same time period. I had no collections though. I answered a few times. They wouldnt talk to me about the account until I gave them the last 4 #'s of my SS. Told them have a nice day. One I said I'll mail you my BK filing papers and they hung up.

Message 3 of 6
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

I'm around 3 years past my BK.  All my debt was discharged.  Since then no missed payments.  All CC's are payed in full each month.

I just got a call from Advanced Capital Solutions.  I don't answer calls that are not in my contacts so I let it goto voicemail.  The voicemail was not anything special.  Just said who they were and to call them back.  I Googled them and they are a debt collection agency.  It surprised me because everything was discharged.  

Has anyone had them call long after your discharge? Can't decide if I should call them back or not to see why they called.  I assume if they think they have a ligitimate debt I would have gotten a letter first.  

Not every CA sends a letter first.  Some do prefer to call.  That said, one reason they may be calling might have nothing to do with money YOU owe but they are skip tracing someone you know or are related to that does owe money.  Hence no letter either.  

When I was discharged within 6 months I received one phone call from a CA that got the debt in a pool from one creditor.  When I spoke to them I provided my PACER court file # and the name/phone of my attorney.  The entire issue ended there.  The letter came from a well known bottom feeder who got sent the debt 3 months AFTER discharge.  I sent them a well worded letter indicating that the debt had been IIB and the date of filing/discharge along with a copy of the page from the filing showing the debt as listed.  I then asked how they would like to pay me for the FDCPA violation of taking an action they were legally prevented in taking.  I never heard from them again but I did send a letter to the trustee letting them know that the creditor (who was local to me) had sent it to collections after discharge.  Where it went from there I have no clue but it made me feel better.

Call them and find out why they are calling.  Have your lawyers information and your PACER information close by when you speak to them. If the debt is yours and was IIB you simply have to tell them.  They can go to PACER and verify that themselves.  If they are looking for someone and need your help well, then you decide whether you know the person or not and how much "help" you want to be.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Not years after but about 4 months or so after. Got a call at work from a woman who was trying to do the intimidation tactics right when I answered. When she finished her spiel I politely told her the debt was discharged in my BK and asked if she wanted to take down my attorneys phone and info? That ended it all and never got another call from anyone since

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200 CL /

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I got a letter over a year ago from some collection agency... and I honestly had no idea what the debt was that they were talking about... but I responded with my Ch 13 discharge info and never heard from them again.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.