Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

@angelofmusic86 wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@angelofmusic86 wrote:

I am trying to actually garden until 2023, but maybe I can get back with CareCredit for 2023 (because cats are expensive, and I like 0% for those unexpected (but happens too often with my lovable fur-idiots) surgeries. lol

Look up Care Credit prequalification and try it.  Worked for me last week.  $8k SL.  I put in $6k as my procedure cost and the preapproval was fine... so I backed up and did $8k and got the same thing.  I then apped and was approved.

Could probably have gotten more but I'm totally fine with an $8k SL for the pet care and my care.

Just tried and am definitely on their blacklist still.  I'm not too pressed about getting Care Credit again, so definitely something I'll check agian next year.  Thanks for reminding me that there is a pre-qual option for them!

No worries!  Good luck getting back in with Care Credit!  

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 1421 of 1,427
sfraise
Established Member

"IF" you get a CreditOne make sure you cancel it once you're in a position to do so.

DO NOT let them talk you into keeping it if they waive the monthly annual fee.

They did that to me last year and out of the blue today I get an email from them saying I owed a past due payment because they just up and started charging me the monthly annual fee again last month.  Of course I didn't know about it so never thought that I would need to pay them anything since I never use it.

I went ahead and paid them their $24.36 today (2 monthly annual fees and a late fee) and then called them to cancel.

Again they offered to waive the monthly annual fee again and even refund the $24.36 if I kept the card, I said no.  They can keep their slimy $24.36, I have no use for the card and it's not worth a late payment reporting to credit bureaus.

If they DO report a late payment you can bet I will dispute the hell out of it over and over and over and do anything I can to waste their time and irritate them.  What a slimy company.

Message 1422 of 1,427
hmxhmx
Valued Member

yeah, well, they were never top notch. it is their goal to make money when you screw up. cancelling the card makes sense, IMHO. 

@sfraise wrote:

"IF" you get a CreditOne make sure you cancel it once you're in a position to do so.

DO NOT let them talk you into keeping it if they waive the monthly annual fee.

They did that to me last year and out of the blue today I get an email from them saying I owed a past due payment because they just up and started charging me the monthly annual fee again last month.  Of course I didn't know about it so never thought that I would need to pay them anything since I never use it.

I went ahead and paid them their $24.36 today (2 monthly annual fees and a late fee) and then called them to cancel.

Again they offered to waive the monthly annual fee again and even refund the $24.36 if I kept the card, I said no.  They can keep their slimy $24.36, I have no use for the card and it's not worth a late payment reporting to credit bureaus.

If they DO report a late payment you can bet I will dispute the hell out of it over and over and over and do anything I can to waste their time and irritate them.  What a slimy company.

Message 1423 of 1,427
cynicaldragon83
New Contributor

Throwing in another DP for Capital One.

• SavorOne Card for Good Credit
  • $3K limit, 20.99% APR, no sign up bonus (FWIW, very few of their "Good Credit" products offer sign up bonuses)
  • Preapprovals started showing shortly after filing. 3 products were offered.
  • Filed in June 2021, 341 meeting is tomorrow, 7/21...so yeah, they may approve while case is pending.
  • FICOs/FAKOs in the mid-580's to upper-590's, reports show zero balances for everything, including car loans and student loans. Any collection accounts that were on my report are now gone.
  • 2 cards burned in BK, 1 of their legacy products and one product that was formerly an HSBC product and was purchased by Capital One. Also burned them in my early 20's when I was an idiot and didn't know any better.
Message 1424 of 1,427
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@21NorthernLights wrote:

Approved for Discover It Card, IIB ~ $4k. Filed 10/2014.

Experian pulled, score 698.

Maybe I was approved because it's past the 7 year mark? Not sure. I've done their prequal thing online maybe once a year or so and tried today and approved with $6k starting limit.

I had them IIB and got back in but had to start with a secured card that is now unsecured.  I was 9+yrs past DOFD, 6yrs past being sued, and 4 past filing though.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 1425 of 1,427
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I would like to add 2 cards i just got 2 1/2 years post bk7 dc,

Bread Cashback Amex 6k sl high interest 2 pct cash back

My 2nd Discover 6k sl high interest 15 mo bt offer, 12 months zero int on purchases

I got my first Discover 3k sl 1 1/2 years post bk7 dc.

ficos are 670's - 680's, 36k income

my overall utility is 16 pct

Discover was not iib

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1426 of 1,427
OldLadyStartingOver
Established Member

Haven't posted or commented in a long time.  Not sure I'm doing it correctly...but...

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

**UPDATE**

Cap1 approved me yesterday for a QS $10,000.00 SL🤯

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 000
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1427 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.