Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 7 in Process, 341 is Monday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ch 7 in Process, 341 is Monday

I've been a long time lurker as we've beeen trying to fix some stuff for a few years now.

Basically, we got hit with ID theft, and started to slowly fix it. Then my long term employer started short cutting my pay several hundred dollars a week thanks to software not reporting hours properly. I got told to STFU, it was accurate (it wasn't). They also quit paying ANY medical, and quit responding to billing, right about the time my wife was going through the pregnancy with child 3 and it was a doozy! 

Needless to say, I found new employment about 2 years ago. 

After working with a very well regarded attorney in our state, who has been amazing, he recommended Ch 7. He gave us all the possible options but we took the Ch7 recommendation since it was what he thought was best for us. 

Well, it's been a process, but nothing terrible. From what he has said we were a very easy case I guess. No real assets, income within the limits of the means test, no crazy IRS debt or anything abnormal. Most of it was medical debt, a car we surrendered a year after purchase when the checks quit being accurate, and some CC debt. 

Score per CK and EX websites were in the 400's at the start. As of today, CK shows TU at 525, EQ at 518, and EX site shows 546. My wife faired even better since most everything was on me. And I still have some CA's from med bills showing on my report, so there is more room once those get flagged. 

Thanks to everyone here! I've read a ton, and it has really helped this process! Attorney said our 341 should be very smooth and easy, plus we'll have him there. 

Then it's just the waiting game for discharge, and working on rebuild! 

We have a solid income, and now that I have an employer thats honest... lol. We're hoping to finance the house we're in properly in about 2 years. It's under a land contract currently (best friend owns it). 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Ch 7 in Process, 341 is Monday

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been a long time lurker as we've beeen trying to fix some stuff for a few years now.

Basically, we got hit with ID theft, and started to slowly fix it. Then my long term employer started short cutting my pay several hundred dollars a week thanks to software not reporting hours properly. I got told to STFU, it was accurate (it wasn't). They also quit paying ANY medical, and quit responding to billing, right about the time my wife was going through the pregnancy with child 3 and it was a doozy! 

Needless to say, I found new employment about 2 years ago. 

After working with a very well regarded attorney in our state, who has been amazing, he recommended Ch 7. He gave us all the possible options but we took the Ch7 recommendation since it was what he thought was best for us. 

Well, it's been a process, but nothing terrible. From what he has said we were a very easy case I guess. No real assets, income within the limits of the means test, no crazy IRS debt or anything abnormal. Most of it was medical debt, a car we surrendered a year after purchase when the checks quit being accurate, and some CC debt. 

Score per CK and EX websites were in the 400's at the start. As of today, CK shows TU at 525, EQ at 518, and EX site shows 546. My wife faired even better since most everything was on me. And I still have some CA's from med bills showing on my report, so there is more room once those get flagged. 

Thanks to everyone here! I've read a ton, and it has really helped this process! Attorney said our 341 should be very smooth and easy, plus we'll have him there. 

Then it's just the waiting game for discharge, and working on rebuild! 

We have a solid income, and now that I have an employer thats honest... lol. We're hoping to finance the house we're in properly in about 2 years. It's under a land contract currently (best friend owns it). 

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

You should get your FICO mortgage scores so you know exactly where you stand mortgage-wise. In addition to no lender using CK scores, they can be as much as 100 points less than FICO scores. And FICO morgage scores can be as much as 20 points lower than regular scores. So you want to be looking at the correct FICO model for purchasing a home.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the beat place to get those scores?
Message 3 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mortgage scores right here at MyFICO.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were getting a bit nervous the 341 meeting wouldn't happen today.

We had some nasty storms come through over the weekend and spawn several tornados. Our house is ok, but most of our area is out of power still.

The meeting took place 40 miles north, and luckily everything up here seemed to fair ok. The one tornado that came through turned south, so meeting went on as planned.

We were a little nervous because some early cases had the guy just annoyed, but we went up to the table with our attorney and it was smooth and easy. Trustee was actually very nice and very professional. We also had a very straight forward case.

We swore in, provided identification, and he ran through his questions. No assets for distribution, 341 concluded, free to go and good luck in our future.

Lots of tension removed today.
Message 5 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We were getting a bit nervous the 341 meeting wouldn't happen today.

We had some nasty storms come through over the weekend and spawn several tornados. Our house is ok, but most of our area is out of power still.

The meeting took place 40 miles north, and luckily everything up here seemed to fair ok. The one tornado that came through turned south, so meeting went on as planned.

We were a little nervous because some early cases had the guy just annoyed, but we went up to the table with our attorney and it was smooth and easy. Trustee was actually very nice and very professional. We also had a very straight forward case.

We swore in, provided identification, and he ran through his questions. No assets for distribution, 341 concluded, free to go and good luck in our future.

Lots of tension removed today.

yep..these are how most go! Its always a huge relief. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked Pacer today, it shows filed Trustee No Distribution of Assetts filed, Awaiting Discharge. So I guess that means he's done with us and we wait out the clock?

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checked Pacer today, it shows filed Trustee No Distribution of Assetts filed, Awaiting Discharge. So I guess that means he's done with us and we wait out the clock?

yes...now you wait for your official DC. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.