Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chex Systems not reporting as IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chex Systems not reporting as IIB

Hi All, 

So I am not sure how I go about handling Capital 1 360 Checking Account that is still reporting my account as a charge off. They do not report to the CR's from what I understand but C1 just sent me a new debit card for a 360 checking account after my discharge? I never requested this debit card nor did I think I could even have an account with them this early. My discharge was final 5/18/20. I haven't activated this card and I am pre-approved for a SC with a $49 deposit. Both I haven't done anything with as I am confused to what's going on. 

I have no idea how to get this information corrected as it never was on my CR to begin with? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chex Systems not reporting as IIB

Chexsystems misreported a checking account IIB after BK7 DC; I disputed it with ChexSystems and it was fixed within a month. This bank account did not appear on my CR however. The checking account also had a balance.

1. Did your IIB checking account have a balance that was discharged in your BK?

2. Did you or your lawyer "reaffirm" your checking account C360 to "survive" your BK? Mine was automatically included in my DC'd debts so that was that. However, I never checked online to see what happened.

3. Have you gone online (using the C1 app or the website) to see if you have balances, offers etc?

4. The SC is a DIFFERENT ballgame than the checking account. If you want to rebuild, why not accept the SC offer? Mind you, it most likely will not graduate, but it will help you better your credit history and score.

5. I'd request a report from Chexsystems to see where things are for you. You can do this on their site for free.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that response I appreciate the information.

1. I logged into my C1 account and it shows the checking account as "Your account is now permanently restricted and any balance cannot be used" with a -$259.59 amount that says account has been charged off. 

2. No; my lawyer did not reaffirm the account 

3. Another odd thing I noticed when logging into my C1 360 online account is the original account is -$259.59 and is restricted but there is another account now with a -259.59 balance? Do you think the new debit card they mailed to me is linked to this account with that balance carried over to it that I IIB? When I look at the account details it says routing and checking account numbers but under the debit card info it says NA. I feel like this is because I haven't activated the card because I knew something wasn't right. I never ordered this card at all. Any accounts I had I assumed would no longer even exist anymore as they were IIB. I am confused. 

4. The other thing with the C1 secured card I burnt but "paid for less than the amount in full" a yr prior to filing my bankruptcy. So I did also IIB the C1 CC they're now pre-approving me for. 

5.I will send Chexsystems a dispute after I get that report if anything shows up reporting incorrectly. 

Again thank you for your input! 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for that response I appreciate the information.

1. I logged into my C1 account and it shows the checking account as "Your account is now permanently restricted and any balance cannot be used" with a -$259.59 amount that says account has been charged off. 

Your old checking account is a CO. RIP your old checking account. 

2. No; my lawyer did not reaffirm the account 

3. Another odd thing I noticed when logging into my C1 360 online account is the original account is -$259.59 and is restricted but there is another account now with a -259.59 balance?

i can't explain that other than say it is an accounting step to balance out the CO. Since you cannot access the new positive balance account, it is not yours. I'm not sure why that is there so you can see it, but maybe others can comment. 

Do you think the new debit card they mailed to me is linked to this account with that balance carried over to it that I IIB?

I'm sure it cannot be. It must be an error. Or maybe it took that long to get to you from before your BK7. Also do you still have the old debit card?

When I look at the account details it says routing and checking account numbers but under the debit card info it says NA. I feel like this is because I haven't activated the card because I knew something wasn't right.

that could be. I wonder what would happen if you did activate it. At least if it didn't work you could call and find out more

I never ordered this card at all. Any accounts I had I assumed would no longer even exist anymore as they were IIB. I am confused. 

4. The other thing with the C1 secured card I burnt but "paid for less than the amount in full" a yr prior to filing my bankruptcy. So I did also IIB the C1 CC they're now pre-approving me for. 

Capital One is Very Forgiving. While it took me 10 months post BK7 to get mine (and it was unsecured), other folks report getting one even before dc or right after. 

5.I will send Chexsystems a dispute after I get that report if anything shows up reporting incorrectly. 

I read somewhere that any mention of Bk is supposed to be deleted from chexsystems reports, which is why I did mint as soon as I read that, but this does not usually happen automatically. Good luck!!

Again thank you for your input! 

You're welcome! Good luck on your rebuild!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.