cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne- Pay before or after Statement Date? HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditOne- Pay before or after Statement Date? HELP!

Hi All!!!

Main question: CreditOne rebuilder card.... should I let it report a balance and then pay it or always PIF before statement cuts? Last month I received the card and the $45 annual fee was reported to the credit bureaus. I paid it right after and I made a $17 payment 2 days ago and just PIF again. suck because they added a $10 payment for processing it right away... My statement cuts on the 27th and now im double guessing myself. Should I buy something for $5 and let it report a balance or should I just leave it PIF.  Hope you guys could help me decode this thing!

My story for context: 

I'm back here again and following the thread 700 in 24 months almost religiously...

so far I have:

1-Creditone card $500 credit limit - $45 annual fee (1 month post discharge)

1-self lender loan (1700 for 12 months 150 pymts monthly) They reported the account last month 0 out of 1700 and just billed me for my first payment-- which I double paid ($300) because honestly I just need the payment history for at least 6 months since I have Student Loans. It will report at the end of the month. 

2 AU on 2 of my boyfriends credit credit cards... Capital One & Zales card combined 10k usage -9% - 

5 Student loan accounts from Nelnet reporting closed on Equifax and Open on Transunion and Experian should be fixed soon because I reported it to Nelnet about a week ago. 

2. Utility bills reporting on Experian for a 20 point boost. 

Filed Bankruptcy on May 2019- discharged Aug 2019. scores in the low 400-500s - signed up for Myfico.com monthly pull and disputed disputed disputed....

Aug. 24th Fico Scores: EX 541 Tu 505 EQ 543

September 24th  Fico Scores: Ex 585 Tu 529 EQ 569

Current Fico Scores: 10/24/2019 Ex 610 Tu 630 Eq 713  (equifax is clearly on something but hey I'm not going to complain)

So who did I burn:

NFCU for a lot 30k in credit cards + 34k Auto Loan

Cap1-cc 500 

Discover 200 

Merrick 500

So far Capital one and DIscover are showing no luv on the prequal--- I expected it tho. I've been contemplating about doing a cold app with either of them but the thread is hunting me with a hugeeeeee NO! I've also even thought about doing a wells fargo cold app.. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty much obsessed about doing anything and everything to help my credit so if anyone has any feedback- good or bad-- I would highly appreciate it!

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CreditOne- Pay before or after Statement Date? HELP!

With CreditOne...I don't trust them. Id pay the balance in full before the statement cut, and let one of your other cards report a small balance.
Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!!!

Main question: CreditOne rebuilder card.... should I let it report a balance and then pay it or always PIF before statement cuts? Last month I received the card and the $45 annual fee was reported to the credit bureaus. I paid it right after and I made a $17 payment 2 days ago and just PIF again. suck because they added a $10 payment for processing it right away... My statement cuts on the 27th and now im double guessing myself. Should I buy something for $5 and let it report a balance or should I just leave it PIF.  Hope you guys could help me decode this thing!

My story for context: 

I'm back here again and following the thread 700 in 24 months almost religiously...

so far I have:

1-Creditone card $500 credit limit - $45 annual fee (1 month post discharge)

1-self lender loan (1700 for 12 months 150 pymts monthly) They reported the account last month 0 out of 1700 and just billed me for my first payment-- which I double paid ($300) because honestly I just need the payment history for at least 6 months since I have Student Loans. It will report at the end of the month. 

2 AU on 2 of my boyfriends credit credit cards... Capital One & Zales card combined 10k usage -9% - 

5 Student loan accounts from Nelnet reporting closed on Equifax and Open on Transunion and Experian should be fixed soon because I reported it to Nelnet about a week ago. 

2. Utility bills reporting on Experian for a 20 point boost. 

Filed Bankruptcy on May 2019- discharged Aug 2019. scores in the low 400-500s - signed up for Myfico.com monthly pull and disputed disputed disputed....

Aug. 24th Fico Scores: EX 541 Tu 505 EQ 543

September 24th  Fico Scores: Ex 585 Tu 529 EQ 569

Current Fico Scores: 10/24/2019 Ex 610 Tu 630 Eq 713  (equifax is clearly on something but hey I'm not going to complain)

So who did I burn:

NFCU for a lot 30k in credit cards + 34k Auto Loan

Cap1-cc 500 

Discover 200 

Merrick 500

So far Capital one and DIscover are showing no luv on the prequal--- I expected it tho. I've been contemplating about doing a cold app with either of them but the thread is hunting me with a hugeeeeee NO! I've also even thought about doing a wells fargo cold app.. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty much obsessed about doing anything and everything to help my credit so if anyone has any feedback- good or bad-- I would highly appreciate it!

Thanks!

You can apply for the secured Open Sky no HP card to start with. Cap1 is usually a year out. Disco the same. Dont even think about WF or any of the big banks. They wont approve you with a BK on file. AMEX at 5yrs and 1 month. With all those SL's. Self Lender can be paid off at anytime. Really isnt doing much good. So 6 months should do. Wait out 6 months and start trying for Cap1 the most forgiving. If they offer the secured. They dont graduate any more. Then hit up Disco secured. They do graduate. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 5
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

When you use a CreditOne card, there's no grace period on purchases, so you'll be charged interest on the following statement whether you PIF or not.  If you plan to use your CreditOne card regularly, you can expect there to be a balance reported even with monthly PIF activity... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to get a $0 balance reported once you've started using the card is to push an overpayment from your bank via ACH or physical check before the statement cuts.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smartecc- 

You've only been discharged for (2) months, your're doing great.  Sit on your hands and pay everything on time until the new year, then apply for a secured card that you know will graduate.  Watch your inquiries. Time is on your side!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.