Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian denies ever giving EEs for BKs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian denies ever giving EEs for BKs

I've been on the phone with front line reps in Experian's dispute center several times this week to request an EE for my BK13. 

They flatly deny deny that an EE is ever granted for a BK, and when I ask to speak to a supervisor, they just put me on hold for 5 minutes and come back claiming that all the supervisors just confirmed that policy. I'm not even getting the option to talk to a supervisor directly.

Is there a better way I should be going about this so I talk to a supervisor immediately rather than being blocked by the junior staff?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian denies ever giving EEs for BKs

To answer my own question, I called back later and politely bypassed the effort of the rep to help me and insisted I'd need a supervisor. 

Well, Experian won't pass you along without details as to the call. And by this point, my account is riddled with comments about requesting an EE, so there was no way I could act nonchalant about it. 

I didnt get to speak to a supervisor, but the rep had me on hold for 10 minutes and then said a supervisor would investigate and call me on Monday. 

At least this rep didn't try to tell me an EE is never done for a BK. So I'll give them credit for not trying to bs me. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When is your BK due to fall off your CR?

Both DH and I got EE’s from EX this week a few days apart. No action required on our part, they simply fell off. Exactly 3 months before BK was due to fall off.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would naturally fall off on Sept 12. The 3 month EE that is typical of EX means they'd probably grant one with no hesitation on June 12. So, I'm being pretty pushy. Especially since I've asked in Feb and March, too. 

I'm really focused on this one since it's the only derog of any sort left on all my reports. But also, I'm planning to get pre-approved for a mortgage as soon as it disappears and my mortgage FICO is updated. The sooner that happens, the more time I'll have to house hunt. And it also happens exactly when everyone else starts shopping. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 8 years of terrible credit, and seeing it slowly clean up. Then getting down to only one baddie left on just one report. Knowing it will give me 80-100 points and i get a sticker for my car allowing me to park in 'Clean Credit Only' parking spaces. It's driving me crazy!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.