Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS AFTER BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS AFTER BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

This has been bothering me since my discharge 6/15/2018, maybe someone can direct me on how to get this corrected.  I have zero late payments before I filed in March of 2018, meaning I made all Feb payments.  All 3 of my credit reports are showing the payments except in March it shows it going negative. which is correct.  My problem is My Fico  under payment history is showing 7 accts 30 days late or derogatory indicator (which would be correct) but then it shows 7 accts 60 days late or derogatory indicator. So my question is with the stay in place in March and all payments being made in Feb how do I get a 60 day late or derogatory late. I called My fico and they said this is the way it is..just wondering if anyone else has this issue

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS AFTER BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

Is it one or all creditors that did the reporting? If all accounts were current and then the case was filed. From that date of filing nothing else should be reporting. Only IIB 0 balance. They shouldnt be late any longer. @RobertEG pops in alot and can help you with the best way to handle this.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responsing. All my creditors say chapter 7 bk/never late. On my my fico reports dont show any lates. My fico says under the summary like paymeny history it says the 7 lates ordegoratory for both 30 and 60 days which is causing my payment on time to be 71%. Ican understand it being 30 days because degoratory indicator (bankruptcy posted in march)but the 60 days is untrue..i didnt file bankrupty because of missing payments i filed because i got hit with almost 100000 wage garnishment and i knew within 6 months i would be in deep trouble. I hope Robert can help
Message 3 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I did a little research and found out if a creditor reports a late for a date AFTER your bankruptcy FILING date, and certainly post-discharge, dispute it. A Discharge in a bankruptcy acts as permanent injunction against the attempts by those creditors listed on your petition from ever attempting to collect on those debts.

A discharged debt can NOT be late – ever. So if a creditor reports a late for a date AFTER your bankruptcy FILING date, and certainly post-discharge, dispute it.  A Discharge in a bankruptcy acts as permanent injunction against the attempts by those creditors listed on your petition from ever attempting to collect on those debts.  This means that those discharged creditors cannot call you, send you a statement, institute a lawsuit against you or continue a lawsuit that they had started prior to filing of your bankruptcy, can’t try to collect on a pre-petition judgment they may have received by garnishing wages or levying bank accounts, and they also CANNOT report negatively on your credit report.

Tell your lawyer also. Civil action could be filed for the violation of the BK laws.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responsing again! I greatly appreciate it. This is where i am at right now .  I disputed all my bankrupt accts (7 in total) back in Dec, with experian got my report back and ALL creditors are showing chap7 /never late.  In the payment history there is all green check marks in thoughout my payment history including Febuarary and March( meaning creditors are reporting good.) But experian is showing a red N in March on all accts.  So i called experian with my dispute results and they said that the bankruptcy indicator triggers that N in March.  I said well the creditors are showing that March payment is good so u need to remove the red N. So my problem is not with the creditors its with the reporting agency, creditors are reporitng correct and reporting agencies are putting there own spin on it.  Called lawyer he said to file a complaint with CFPB, and see what response we get with that, to have it in writing . Then go from there. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Message 5 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for responsing again! I greatly appreciate it. This is where i am at right now .  I disputed all my bankrupt accts (7 in total) back in Dec, with experian got my report back and ALL creditors are showing chap7 /never late.  In the payment history there is all green check marks in thoughout my payment history including Febuarary and March( meaning creditors are reporting good.) But experian is showing a red N in March on all accts.  So i called experian with my dispute results and they said that the bankruptcy indicator triggers that N in March.  I said well the creditors are showing that March payment is good so u need to remove the red N. So my problem is not with the creditors its with the reporting agency, creditors are reporitng correct and reporting agencies are putting there own spin on it.  Called lawyer he said to file a complaint with CFPB, and see what response we get with that, to have it in writing . Then go from there. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

As I was reading this I just thought CFPB and then you already typed it. Its CFPB time. Send or upload your CR's from EQ/TU showing they fixed the mistakes and EX hasnt done so much to correct the problem. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Do you have an update for this.  I just filed in April and I'm having the same problem.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  Do you have an update for this.  I just filed in April and I'm having the same problem.

Thank you.

Kudo the posts and next time they sign in they'll be led here to answer your question.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delayed response.  There is no change , they are saying there is no late payments and the  derogatory indicator  is triggering the 30 days 60 days lates. I have disputed, called filed complaints and they all say the same.  So I just let it go at this point.  I tried to open more accts than I should have to counter act this and it doesnt seem to make a difference.   My scores are below and my bankruptcy becomes a year old next month , so I will let you know if my percentage of on time payments goes up .  Sorry I wasnt more help.

Message 9 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Where is the info coming from? Get your free annual reports and go over them. If it is showing on the report. Contact your lawyer and he/she can go after them and you could get $1000 after the courts fine them for reporting fasely.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.