cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS21 Rebuild Journey - June ‘21 Update - PenFed!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CH 7 Discharged Today!

The TU collection is gone (either on its own or from the dispute) and my score jumped 30 points to 639!

Message 11 of 16
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The TU collection is gone (either on its own or from the dispute) and my score jumped 30 points to 639!

Congrats on your recent successes!

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FS21 Rebuild Journey

Congratulations on being officially off to the races now. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd check-in for an April update.  Wifey is still content with just two tradelines, Cap1 Plat @ 3k and Target Red Card @ 300.  I got a letter sometime in March from Mission Lane, applied, and was approved for $1500.  This one has the chance to double at or after six months.

I've had some very weird things happen with disputes, I feel like it's my fault for trying to do too much.  I can't remember what I was trying to fix but it was with Experian, and I sent in a copy of our DC paperwork in as a supporting document.  The next day or so I get an email from Experian saying a dispute has been opened, I log in, see that my score tanked because Experian took it upon themselves to mark both car loans (that were reaffirmed) and my student loan account, which all have perfect payment history, as closed and IIB. 

I've gotten my car loan and student loans fixed on Experian, but it seems all 3 bureaus have nuked my wife's car loan (that I'm a co-signer on) from my reports.  Also, now Transunion has my student loans as closed and IIB.  I think I'm going to leave them alone for now and see if the problems will remedy themselves.  I'm hoping once her car loan updates with the monthly payment, it'll show back up.  Same for my student loans on TU, since a payment is due again this month (they were deferred while the BK was open), I'm hoping once that updates it'll mark the account as open and non-derogatory.  

Now the best part, some score updates.  I'm sitting EQ 686 / TU 630 / EXP 655.  I'm shocked that a little over 1-month post-DC that I have one bureau in the good range!  Even better wifey is in the good range across the board EQ 684 / TU 670 / EXP 685.  These are all true FICO scores from myFICO.

Any advice/thoughts on what to do about the car loan not reporting across all 3 bureaus and TU showing my student loans as closed and IIB would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and rock rock on!

FS21

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FS21's June Update!

Hey Everyone,

Checking in as a lot has happened!  In early May I applied and was approved for an Ollo Rewards MC @ $1,500.  In mid-to-late May, I ran the prequals for Discover and saw Wifey was prequalified for a card.  Talked her into applying and she was approved for $11,000 Smiley Surprised

The joy didn't last super long as she got the dreaded request for a 4506-C.  I was pretty bummed since I include my VA Disability Benefits in our gross income on every credit card application.  The VA Benefits are not taxed and wouldn't show up on our tax forms.  I had a pretty strong feeling they'd close the application even if we did consent.  After doing some research we learned they'd close the account if we didn't submit the form, so we both agreed it was worth a shot, on the off chance they kept the account open.  On May 31st, she received an email from Discover:

Thank you for submitting the requested documentation to verify information on your account. We have successfully completed our review. At this time, the hold on your account has been lifted. You may now continue to use your Discover® card.

The account not only stayed open but the initial credit limit stayed the same too!  She says that's the last card she'll apply for at least the rest of 2021, and I'm totally OK with that lol.  For data points DW did not burn Discover in our BK, just me Smiley Sad

Last week I was able to upgrade both of our Capital One Platinum cards to the regular (no AF) Quicksilvers, we both got the emails as I was typing up this post that the new cards have shipped!  They're both still showing as Platinum online but we both see rewards are accruing!  I imagine once we activate the new cards the online accounts will probably update as well.

Two days ago I got an email from PenFed that my new statement was available.  Once I logged in I saw an offer for the Power Cash Rewards card.  I've had a Savings Account with them since Feb 2017 with a whopping $5 in it and neither of us burned PenFed in our BK.  Applied and was instantly approved for $7,500 @ 17.99% Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy.  Another big surprise, I didn't expect PenFed to issue me a card so quickly (3 months post DC) and at such a nice SL!

Just like DW's Discover, there was some hesitancy.  I logged in yesterday as I'd read the card should start showing up online w/in 24 hours and didn't see it.  No biggie, I figured and checked the Application section.  Thursday where it said Approved, now it said Conditionally Approved.  I figured PenFed had come to their senses and would surely decline the card once a live person reviewed the application.  At best I was hoping for an approval with a much smaller SL.  I checked my email, my spam folder, and PenFed's message section obsessively and didn't find anything.  I knew better than to try and call and figured I'd let it ride out.  I checked this morning and all was well, the account showed up online, same SL, same APR, dodged another bullet Smiley Happy

DW and I both managed to surpass 700 on Equifax.  Her FICOs through this site are EQ 706 / TU 683 / EXP 699, mine are EQ 701 / TU 676 / EXP 680 (as of June 19th).  I never thought we'd have scores above 700 so quick, let alone all scores in the "good" range.

Thanks for following along on our rebuild journey!

FS21

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FS21's June Update!

You're well on your way to a great rebuild after discharge. Keep up the good work! 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.