Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mail a payment

tag
Lawns1
New Contributor

How to mail a payment

All,

Happy Thanksgiving....hope everyone’s enjoyed their time with friends and/or family!

So I received a letter that I may not to pay my vehicles or mortgage outside my chapter 13 online and might have to mail checks which is fine with me. Chrysler Capital won’t let me pay my vehicle online so I have to mail a check but they refuse to give me a statement or payment slip so what do I put with the check in the envelope? Just curious as to what others have done in this scenario as I don’t want the payment to just sit there and not get applied to my vehicle.
Credit Unions

Credit Cards

Auto Loans

April 2023 right before the 13 reports complete

December 2022

November 2019 Chapter 13 Scores

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How to mail a payment

I made my Cap1 auto payments via phone when I was going thru BK until I got DC'ed. Write down the confimation number once paid. Or just mail it to the payment address with tracking from USPS via their money order. Then you'll have plenty of proof in case of foul up.

Message 2 of 6
Lawns1
New Contributor

I tried to make it over the phone and they wanted $437.58 more than the minimum due. I called and talked to the lady who was super nice and she said the phone payment was wrong, she couldn’t explain why, and she recommended to make it through the mail.

Do you put a letter in with the check with your name, address and account number? I just want to do everything I can to connect the check to the account.

Awesome idea with the tracking, never thought of that!
Credit Unions

Credit Cards

Auto Loans

April 2023 right before the 13 reports complete

December 2022

November 2019 Chapter 13 Scores

Message 3 of 6
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Send using hour banks bill pay system

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:
Send using hour banks bill pay system

@MyDataMyChoiceYes another good way. I dont use Bill Pay from the bank or auto pay on anything. Got screwed on both years ago.I run my finances, not a computer. That ended that for me at least. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would not bother mailing a payment. Take advantage of your banks bill pay service and they can cut the check on your behalf. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.