Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military Star Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Military Star Card

Just got approved for Military Star Card with a limit of $3600. BK Chapter 7 was discharged 2 months ago. Credit score Trans 565, Equifax 545. Only intend to use it to rebuild credit by using it for gas and groceries then immediately pay it off.

16 REPLIES 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Military Star Card

Congrats! Great limit to start your rebuild with

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 17
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you burn them in your BK?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got approved for Military Star Card with a limit of $3600. BK Chapter 7 was discharged 2 months ago. Credit score Trans 565, Equifax 545. Only intend to use it to rebuild credit by using it for gas and groceries then immediately pay it off.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to be active military for this card?

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes active duty, reservist, retired service member, or are a dependent.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval...

I burned them in BK so I am not too sure if they will ever wanna see me again.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

To All,

Just wanted to post about the military star card for anyone else in the Armed Forces who has to IIB their Star Card.

I burned the star card for about $15K, of course my SSN had a block due to the debt.

After discharge I tried applying on line, no luck, letter said my credit sucked (paraphrase of course).

After I got a few lines of credit under my belt I tried again, this time no luck because my SSN was blocked. I called their bankruptcy dept and had the block removed.

I tried online AGAIN and got the same letter about my SSN being blocked (this is all within about 45 days).

Today I spoke to a rep who confirmed that she removed my block finally and that I should be good to go.

I decided instead of applying online that I would try in the store because I needed to pick up new uniforms anyway. I had cash in my pocket but decided to try and BAM! The block was removed because I got a $3150 limit for retail and a $500 for military clothing. I was so excited! 

My FICO scores are (not looking right now) between 580-595 for all 3 CBs. I am looking forward to taking care of this account this time as I slowly work my way up the ladder.

if you had a military star card, there is no blacklist just have your SSN unblocked and I would say try in the store versus online!

Message 8 of 17
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Thanks for the update. I am disputing Military star as we speak. not too long ago discharged. Can you tell me what number you called? And when you discharged? 

Message 9 of 17
SSH0126
Established Contributor

What was your limit before?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.