Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI

Hello all! 

So I wanted ask when everyone thinks I should ask for a CLI or if there’s anyway to do recon on new opened CC. 

Details: 2.5 years post Chp 7, 680 TU score(which is what they pulled or CC), good income, 4 other CCs with no lates, only thing potentially dragging me down is a little bit higher than good utilization. (50%) 

Finally was able to join NFCU and applied for a Platinum MasterCard. Was approved with 1K limit, which is a little disappointing considering the limits I see here. 

Would anyone recommend “recon” for a higher initial limit? How long should I wait to ask for a CLI? Before anyone fusses about the utilization, it will be back down to 30% next month. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all! 

So I wanted ask when everyone thinks I should ask for a CLI or if there’s anyway to do recon on new opened CC. 

Details: 2.5 years post Chp 7, 680 TU score(which is what they pulled or CC), good income, 4 other CCs with no lates, only thing potentially dragging me down is a little bit higher than good utilization. (50%) 

Finally was able to join NFCU and applied for a Platinum MasterCard. Was approved with 1K limit, which is a little disappointing considering the limits I see here. 

Would anyone recommend “recon” for a higher initial limit? How long should I wait to ask for a CLI? Before anyone fusses about the utilization, it will be back down to 30% next month. 

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the approval. Everyone's profile is different and although your scores may be similiar to others your profile may be quite different. With a BK 2.5 years ago this may have been a factor or may not have. I would not  recon, you can request a CLI after 91 days/3 statements. People usually have success with CLIs after 91 days.

I suggest you read the monster thread regarding navy, there is alot of information on there.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/m-p/5681942#M236258

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI

Just be thankful they gave you the approval. Admittedly I would have waited to app if your utilization was dropping so soon, it’s probably why you got the low SL. Prove yourself for the next three months and hit that CLI button when your util is down a bit and you should be good. Navy will treat you good, they just have to warm up a bit
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.