cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bankruptcy chapter 13 341 meeting

tag
iras

bankruptcy chapter 13 341 meeting

Hi guys, me and my husband filed a joint chapter 13. our meeting is coming up and im worried to death about it. Please let me know what are some of the question they will ask and please share your personal experienced on 341 meeting. good or bad outcome. thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bankruptcy chapter 13 341 meeting

@iras wrote:

Hi guys, me and my husband filed a joint chapter 13. our meeting is coming up and im worried to death about it. Please let me know what are some of the question they will ask and please share your personal experienced on 341 meeting. good or bad outcome. thank you

Try not to worry about it too much.  Most stuff has already been done and your Attorney should have already covered everything.  Really they just ask is everything legit and do you swear to what they asked you.  They had one issue with something on my report.  My attorney went back and adjusted it and all was well.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, the hardest part was just sitting in the court room. I hate court rooms! That and the fact that I was there with a dozen other people also filing BK. It wasn't a private session at all. I was so nervous that I would say something wrong during my meeting that the judge must have thought I was a complete idiot who couldn't understand simple 'yes' and 'no' questions. He had to explain everything to me like I was a 10 year old.

But it was all over within a few minutes. Basically it's just you legally declaring that everything in your application is true. There might be a few specific questions (none in my case, but my assets were basically nonexistent) but nothing major to worry about.

Message 3 of 6
iras

They sent me a letter saying they need additional info on certain things( i emailed my attorney what they need) and it saidon the letter there may be other issues that will address on the meeting. I wonder if that standard letters that they sends to everyone or its just me.
Message 4 of 6
iras

Thats what I heard. Its not private meeting lol.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iras wrote:
Thats what I heard. Its not private meeting lol.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to be infront of people when this happened.  At first I was nervous but then I remembered we are all here for the same reason (we messed up).  Now this might sound bad but some people went before me and I was amazed at how much they were including.  Mine was no where close to others.

What really got me is that we got time for lunch.  As we all went out for lunch I went to subway and got a five dollar sub.  I saw other people go to sit down restaurants and get seafood.  I was thinking to myself you just filed and you are already spending money.  I guess they figured they could now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.