Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Business Platinum® Card Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Business Platinum® Card Help

Hi everyone,

I have a Gold American Express Card with no limit and has to be paid off each month in full. I also have a Blue Preferred American Express with a credit card limit of $9,000. It was raised from $3,000 to $9,000 just 5 months ago. On the 17th of April it will be six months since credit limit increasement to $9,000.

My question is this... I make $123,000 a year. I have intentions of opening a small business in 2 months and wasn't sure if applying for and getting the Business Platinum® Card would be difficult? I have a 695 at this current time on Experian. 

Would I apply under my name as a DBA considering I'm in the initial business setup stage? Is this a card you pay in full each month or revolving credit? Or would I be better off just waiting till April 17th to request a credit increasement?

Thank you everyone!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Business Platinum® Card Help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a Gold American Express Card with no limit and has to be paid off each month in full. I also have a Blue Preferred American Express with a credit card limit of $9,000. It was raised from $3,000 to $9,000 just 5 months ago. On the 17th of April it will be six months since credit limit increasement to $9,000.

My question is this... I make $123,000 a year. I have intentions of opening a small business in 2 months and wasn't sure if applying for and getting the Business Platinum® Card would be difficult? I have a 695 at this current time on Experian. 

Would I apply under my name as a DBA considering I'm in the initial business setup stage? Is this a card you pay in full each month or revolving credit? Or would I be better off just waiting till April 17th to request a credit increasement?

Thank you everyone!

1. It's relatively easy to get.

2. You can apply under any name or entity type.

3. You pay in full each month.

4. It's a very expensive card. If you're not going to do a lot of business travel, it's not worth the huge annual fee.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.