Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Gold - Delta status upgrade offer

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Biz Gold - Delta status upgrade offer

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Wow.  That is a crazy generous offer.  Value for me is negative since I get to battle with those a tier lower* and completely lose out to those with similar status on other airlines for the next 6 months on upgrades.  😂  (Already lower on the rung than Diamond Medallions who may not have flown since 2019.  Not bitter.  LOL)

*Assuming those in a status match state will clear upgrades at the same priority level as those who earned status.  Starting last month, for the 2022 Medallion year, those of us who earned it rather than having it extended clear upgrades at a higher priority than those at our same Medallion level.

Again a very generous offer for those who get it.  Delta won me over gifting me temporary Gold status (and free socks, let's not forget how important socks are in the credit world) when they made BOS a focus city (and later a real all grown up hub).  Not that I want the competition, but isn't Chase still offering some crazy Southwest SUB with A-List status?

I figured you'd have some sort of permanent diamond medallion status by now grin.gif. (Isn't AA's Concierge Key a permanent thing?)

I'm going to ask Amex for those Delta socks when my AF comes up as a retention offer!

BTW, are socks like the new version of getting a free t-shirt? One of my vendors sent me socks out of no where. Currently my son has one sock and his girlfriend has the other... (I didn't ask...)

Eaton socks.jpg

Message 11 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

AAdvantage Concierge key, like Delta 360, is invite-only and requires some hefty annual spend.  FlyerTalk DPs point to around $60k a year in elite qualifying dollars.  Those definitely aren't lifetime.  Delta's lifetime status is granted each million miles and I am still a long way away from my first million with Delta, which only grants Silver Medallion.  I am exclusively a leisure flyer, but should be able to hold onto Platinum Medallion through at least 2024.  I can't hit the dollars or the $250,000 Amex Delta card spend to get the waiver for Diamond, although thanks to rollover I will actually have the MQMs (elite qualifying miles) required for it on my next trip.

The socks came directly from Delta about 3 years ago or so.  Not sure if Amex has a stash for retention.  😉 

Message 12 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Fingers crossed for you.  Amex turnaround time is usually much faster than written for everything else.  Judging from your card lineup, are you matching (or matching +1 as it is) from SWA?  Also did you get that for another Amex card?

Not looking good for the good guys here. We leave this weekend and I've gotten nada from AmEx about this. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Just logged into my Delta Fly app and noticed that I am Gold Medallion! I’ll have to read up on what that means a little later but glad it’s approved.

Message 14 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Gold Medallion netted DW and me free checked bags. Didn't have any first class seats available for the free upgrade though.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.