Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Approval!?!? Scam!?!?

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Chase Pre-Approval!?!? Scam!?!?

Anyone ever heard of a pre-approval from Chase? Looks legitimate but I'm not trusting it. Thoughts? In my email today.

Screenshot_20211214-205139_Email.jpg

28 REPLIES 28
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Approval!?!? Scam!?!?

Chase preapprovals are solid but not 100% and there are a few senarios (a BK reporting on your credit profile is a classic one) that aren't evaluated for preapprovals but which lead to an automatic denial on application.

That being said if you have a clean profile or aged derogs, you've never burned them or a FI they have acquired, and there haven't been significant changes to your report like inquires or new accounts or a big jump in utilization over the last 3 months your odds of approval are very high.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 29
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Marketing offers are just that - marketing.

I get these but always get denied.

Chase does not like me at all....

Message 3 of 29
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Ok cool. I had never heard of it existing/happening before.  I have an S-Corp that could use a higher limit card as all it has at present is an Amex BBP at $5k. BUT, I did a 3 card dopamine-inducing app spree 1 year ago (Navy Platinum, Freedom Flex, Penfed Gold), bought the Mrs a new car in October, and got approved for Aspiration Zero, and FNBO Evergreen last week. Not looking to tick anyone off... especially Chase. 

30 years ago I would have jumped without thinking but... 50's now and... Myfico 🤣

Message 4 of 29
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

As 4sallypat said, it is likely marketing.

However, as you already have a Chase card, it would be beneficial to log in and look for the black star in your offers.  I am not sure where it is on mobile, but on desktop: log in, upper left-hand corner are the three bars, click, a menu opens and towards the bottom it says "Just for you." If there is a black star there or when you click it there is a black star and a picture of Ink Unlimited, you may actually be pre-approved with a good chance at approval.

Message 5 of 29
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters very cool. Will do. Thanks for the tip!

Message 6 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Anyone ever heard of a pre-approval from Chase? Looks legitimate but I'm not trusting it. Thoughts? In my email today.

Yes I have heard of preapprovals from Chase.

They are legitimate.

No guarantees but chances of approval are definitely improved.

If you have a Chase account you can check online under the "Just for You" link, to see what preapprovals you have at any given moment.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

@805orbust, Congrats on your offer!

You have been given great advice by other forum membersSmiley Happy

One thing I would like to add, "IF" at all possible, go into a physical Chase branch,

and speak to a "Business relations manager" .. they seem to be able to get the impossible done at times.

Just my .02 cents.

Message 8 of 29
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Ok @BearsCubsOtters @SouthJamaica @M_Smart007 , looks like I found it online with my laptop. So this is legit/what y'all were referring to20211215_205949.jpg

Message 9 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Ok @BearsCubsOtters @SouthJamaica @M_Smart007 , looks like I found it online with my laptop. So this is legit/what y'all were referring to20211215_205949.jpg

@805orbust, Yes ... Those are pretty solid offers!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.