Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNB PROFILE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DNB PROFILE

Has anybody ever post thier financial statements on DnB before? please i need help on this.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: DNB PROFILE

I can't really see the advantages of doing this unless trying to buy a car
Message 2 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anybody ever post thier financial statements on DnB before? please i need help on this.

I have not posted my company's financials on DnB, but I have both a Paydex and a rating; if having those is your ultimate goal, you don't need the financials.

I realize you may have your own reasons other than the above, so please ignore this reply if not applicable to your situation.  (Getting in with DnB is a common question on this forum)  :smileyhappy:.

Just being nosey here...did DnB ask you to provide them for some reason?

Edit to add:  Please excuse my rudeness...it's too early (again!)....Welcome to the Forums, niyipuff678

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 12-17-2009 05:54 AM
Message 3 of 7
sm_biz
New Visitor

You can call DNB or log in online using your DUNS and run the eupdate to update your info. When you make changes using eupdate they will call to verify the information. In the process of doing it now for CCR .

http://smallbusiness.dnb.com/manage-your-business-credit/12334334-1.html

Message 4 of 7
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

When I opened by first corp I got and DNB number. I was advised that one needs one in order to bid on goverment contracts. I never did.

Funny thing is 3 years pass and my DW sets up her own corp and I want to get her more legit and I go to DnB, and can't find the application, so I call their CS only to be told that unless I signed on to their monitoring service they are no longer issuing a DnB number.

Message 5 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@GordonShumway wrote:

When I opened by first corp I got and DNB number. I was advised that one needs one in order to bid on goverment contracts. I never did.

Funny thing is 3 years pass and my DW sets up her own corp and I want to get her more legit and I go to DnB, and can't find the application, so I call their CS only to be told that unless I signed on to their monitoring service they are no longer issuing a DnB number.

Try this link, and see if that helps you.

BTW, DNB always tries to sell you something...I'm thinking you got an over-eager CSR/salesman here, looking for a quick commission (but I may be wrong, it's been known to happen)   :smileyhappy: 

Let us know when your DW gets her DUNS number!  According to this page, it may take 30 days to get the number, but it's FREE (my all-time favorite word)!  Use the second "GO" button on the list.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 03-04-2010 06:56 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GordonShumway wrote:
....I call their CS only to be told that unless I signed on to their monitoring service they are no longer issuing a DnB number.

They're liars and always have been.  Back when it was easier to obtain vendor credit,  the easiest way to get a DnB number was to just order from a vendor who reported to DnB, and the number would auto-generate without a business having to do anything else.   Kind of like Experian Small Business, right?   No having to deal with DnB's lying army of salespeople.  Contacting DnB was for those of us who had instant gratification issues Smiley Happy   Now.. I don't know.  I do know that submitting financials for my company only netted me a change from 'DS' to '---'.   I finally got my rating a year and a half after my DnB file was opened.  Others have gotten their ratings much much sooner.  Mileages always vary.
Apparently, they're also still telling people that if a business doesn't buy DnB's credit monitoring services, they'll tell vendors that a business does not legally exist.   What would we ever do without DnB?  If only they were run more honestly.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.