tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Points, Quill

I've got a new LLC, formed April 2018.
Started a D&B file last month.
Capital 1 spark classic, 500 limit.
Personal scores mid 600's.

Ordered 70 bucks worth of stuff from quill, checked the "bill me" box. Order arrived today, looked at account, saw the invoice.

So I called their credit dept to find out if I was on net 30 terms, was advised the system released the order because it was under $100, but she asked if I wanted her to see if I could be put on net 30 terms. I said sure, why not.

After a brief hold, she comes back on the line and says she found my company on D&B, but the info was limited so I would have a low SL, only $200. She advised me that the SL will grow as I pay on time.

Anyways, it's a start. I figured you guys would find the info useful if you happened to place a small order and assumed it meant you were on net 30 terms just bc it ships.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data Points, Quill

It is useful... Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year.

Message 2 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing the information!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 11
OakCliffTX
Established Member

PLEASE be advised. Spoke to credit department, and Quill ONLY reports the 1st Monday of every month. The invoice has to be opened on this day if not, it will NOT get reported on your D&B. I placed order today and it will get reported because Monday the 8th will be the first Monday of the month. I placed an order on the 21st of December and paid it after it got shipped. It didn't report. Thanks to do this post in found this out and I am now set up with a net 30 for only $100 limit. Hope this helps some of you understand how they work.
Target SC $300 CL Walmart SC $300 CL Credit One $550 CL Kay Jewelers SC $1k CL Cap1 QS $500 CL Cap1 QS AU $1.1k Cap1 QS1 AU $950 CL Home Depot SC AU $2500 CL FingerHut SC $800 CL
Rebuilding 12/08/18 624 EQ 591 TU 581 EX
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @OakCliffTX just to confirm, are you saying that only orders placed on that day will be reported? Or that it won't be reported that month, and will be reported the month after?

I've been seeing reports of a $50 minimum order to be reported. Did you find this to be the case?

Message 5 of 11
OakCliffTX
Established Member

The minimum I would order would be $50. I have seen people get less and it being deposited but wouldn't recommend. As far as the reporting, your invoice needs to be open (meaning you haven't paid it. They close when you make a payment) on or by the 1st Monday of the month. So let's say you make a purchase on Feb 1st and pay it in full on ththe 3rd, it will be closed Monday the 4th and nothing will get reported. If you paid it on the 5th than it will report.
Target SC $300 CL Walmart SC $300 CL Credit One $550 CL Kay Jewelers SC $1k CL Cap1 QS $500 CL Cap1 QS AU $1.1k Cap1 QS1 AU $950 CL Home Depot SC AU $2500 CL FingerHut SC $800 CL
Rebuilding 12/08/18 624 EQ 591 TU 581 EX
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh got it. Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OakCliffTX wrote:
The minimum I would order would be $50. I have seen people get less and it being deposited but wouldn't recommend. As far as the reporting, your invoice needs to be open (meaning you haven't paid it. They close when you make a payment) on or by the 1st Monday of the month. So let's say you make a purchase on Feb 1st and pay it in full on ththe 3rd, it will be closed Monday the 4th and nothing will get reported. If you paid it on the 5th than it will report.

Dang it, first ive ever read about closes the first monday, ive purchased after the 1st monday and paid a week or so later so that was all pointless lol.

Message 8 of 11
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

This thread should be a sticky

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

This thread should be a sticky

I agree!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.