Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Triple Cash Biz Recon

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Triple Cash Biz Recon

Applied for their triple business card - wanted to pay business taxes with for the 0 APR and SUB.

Applied on Thursday and got wait msg online. Checked 10 minutes later and said denied. Didn't call recon till this morning. I asked if they could reconsider and the rep told me she put it into review for an UW and to check back Tuesday.

I got impatient and called the automated line to see if they changed it to wait or what not but still says denied. Does that mean no hope for the card?

Anyone with experience with US Bank recons? Does the auto denial usually change for further reviews? 

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Triple Cash Biz Recon

@MoneyBurnsyour thread was moved to the Business Credit section as this was not a personal credit card application.

To answer your question, the reconsideration team will re-review/reconsider the application, but if they decline it again then the decision stands. So, exercise some patience and let them do their thing. One thing to consider, if you've had too many inquiries and/or opened several accounts in the past ~12 months, then it's likely a crapshoot. Wait until you hear something on the final decision.

Message 2 of 6
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

@MoneyBurns There is still hope! I Just Got Approved for an Elan Biz Visa/US Bank UW, 10k Approved, Denied, then Went to UW Again and Approved.. Last May I was Approved for US Bank Business Cash for 3k, then Tried CLI Twice and Denied with 3 Hard Pulls Total, But I Had More New Accounts and Inquires Back Then.. Like @FinStar Said, Depends on Recent Account Activity.  They are Very Slow, It Took Me about 3 weeks Each Time, of Going Back and Forth,

To Get to a Final Decision..

How's Your Recent Inq's and Accts? 

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 3 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

Applied for their triple business card - wanted to pay business taxes with for the 0 APR and SUB.

Applied on Thursday and got wait msg online. Checked 10 minutes later and said denied. Didn't call recon till this morning. I asked if they could reconsider and the rep told me she put it into review for an UW and to check back Tuesday.

I got impatient and called the automated line to see if they changed it to wait or what not but still says denied. Does that mean no hope for the card?

Anyone with experience with US Bank recons? Does the auto denial usually change for further reviews? 

Hi @MoneyBurns . Any update on the US Bank reconsideration? 

Message 4 of 6
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

It was a super no. 🤣

All good I expected it. As I probably have like 8+ accounts from last year and a new car loan. 

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 5 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

It was a super no. 🤣

All good I expected it. As I probably have like 8+ accounts from last year and a new car loan. 

@MoneyBurns Ok. Well at least it was expected! Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.