cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

@Anonymous wrote:

I Teach Gymnastics and im the owner how would I start to apply for like business credit cards?

or like checking into getting a loan to bulid a gym? thanks

I don't have any experience with getting business loans, but the credit card side seems pretty straight forward. Is your business registered with the state (official DBA, and is it a Sol Prop, LLC, Corp)?

Traditionally if you're new to business cards the banks will pull your personal credit reports and evaluate you that way. Some banks are a bit more stringent than others. Chase had me go to the branch with all my documentation, but Amex and BofA approved me right online and never had to send anything in. 

If you can share what you're working with (high level like scores and inquires) we can guide you on where you might have more favorable odds.  Big banks (Chase, Amex, BofA, Citi) have some good cards and there are several regional banks that are really great as well. The intent also matters (are you doing so for the sake of getting a business card to grow business credit, leading to loans and other things, or is it so you can make larger business purchases without having to worry about personal utilization and such?)

Message 51 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Hey everyone! Sorry about the slow response. 

I called late Friday afternoon and the CSR acknowledged there is an error. I'm suppose to getting a call next week about. 

I will update you when I get one.

Thanks!

Guyatthebeach

Message 52 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Hey everyone! Sorry about the slow response. 

I called late Friday afternoon and the CSR acknowledged there is an error. I'm suppose to getting a call next week about. 

I will update you when I get one.

Thanks!

Guyatthebeach

Thanks for the update and glad to hear they're are starting to get it sorted for you. Stay on top of them to make sure they get it resolved for you. No Amex business card should show up on your personal reports and once they get that tackled you should be all set. 

Message 53 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Credit_is_crack,

I got the call from Amex. The lady I spoke with said everything was corrected and it’s off my personal credit report.  

BTW, after seeing your other post about BB&T, I took advantage of the offer and took a card!  I don’t need it, but why the heck not?  

Have a great weekend and thanks for the advice!

Guyatthebeach

Message 54 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Credit_is_crack,

I got the call from Amex. The lady I spoke with said everything was corrected and it’s off my personal credit report.  

BTW, after seeing your other post about BB&T, I took advantage of the offer and took a card!  I don’t need it, but why the heck not?  

Have a great weekend and thanks for the advice!

Guyatthebeach

That's great to hear - you'll definitely want to follow up and make sure your next report updates show the business accounts are gone, but Amex is usually pretty solid about following thru 

Message 55 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Just a follow up, the Amazon Business Prime Amex  is no longer on my TU CR per what I’m seeing on the. Capital One Creditwise app.

All is good!

Guyatthebeach. 

Message 56 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Just a follow up, the Amazon Business Prime Amex  is no longer on my TU CR per what I’m seeing on the. Capital One Creditwise app.

All is good!

Guyatthebeach. 

That's awesome to hear @Guyatthebeach and thanks for the follow up! And to think you would have gone all this time with it just reporting on your personal report. Glad to see they got it fixed quickly as well! 

Message 57 of 140
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

It appears my NFCU CC has shown up on Duns this month.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 58 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw I guess they’re changing how they do business, isn’t necessarily a bad thing though
Message 59 of 140
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

The only ones I know of which report to personal credit are Capital One, TD Bank, and Discover.

Do you know if it reports both positive and negative info on the personal report for TD Bank? I can add it to our list

Yes that's what I mean when I say it reports to personal credit. Because they all report negative stuff to personal credit as far as I know.

It just reports the same information to your personal credit as a personal credit card would.

Which for me is bad because I want to be able to use the business card freely, without having to think about how it might affect utilization.

This is my concern...I have a few new biz cc's and not sure how to use them w/o messing up utl%.  So far, 2 of our new cards don't report to personal but they are store business cards (not mc or visa).  Lowes biz, Staples biz and Dell......but what about Cap1 Spark?  It will report the positive to both personal and biz, right?  So we need to make sure to pif in the usual manner (correct?) but if it's a 0 bal. from month to month will our biz reports reflect that or not at all?  I just don't understand the biz scoring.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 60 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.